[ 012 ] ancient times.

— CHAPTER TWELVE.
ancient times. 

AS THEY ARE LED to the Kingdom, Jesus and Cori walk beside Richard. Jesus is between them just in case the girl that doesn't think before she acts actually decides to hit Richard for being a sexist prick.

"Before we go in," Richard starts, "you have a brain and backbone, so I'm talking to you, not Gregory. Whatever you're trying to start here, another protection pact, a trade, none of it matters if we don't start dealing with the real problem— the Saviors."

Jesus glances over at him, "you know, Richard, I've never seen you smile. I think that's gonna change today."

Richard leads them straight to the Kingdom. Odessa doesn't even notice she's walking beside their wall until the gates are opened for complete strangers. It reminds her of an old story: Narnia. As they walk in, everyone takes note of the new scenery. There's so much to take in. It's hard to grasp it all in such a short amount of time.

They have beautiful green gardens with healthy crops growing. There are large, fortified building that most definitely house the people in this community and serve other purposes. There are campers that they can tell easily house people because of the decorations outside the campers. One even has a bunch of children's toys scattered outside on the cement.

There are people everywhere. Some plant in gardens, others are walking around with friends, a platoon of men  in body armor run past, two boys are sword-fighting in a nearby gazebo.

"They have the numbers." Michonne notes.

"But can they fight?" Theo asks, looking around at the community.

"Oh, they can fight," Jesus grins.

"Maybe," Daryl pipes from behind Cole.

Theo glances to his right and is taken aback when he sees a familiar face. With shock, he blurts out. "Morgan?"

Heads turn in the direction Theo looks. Before them stands Morgan Jones, the man Rick sent to look for Carol Peletier after she ran away from Alexandria.

Tara laughs and moves to hug Morgan. Sasha follows. Richard's eyes bounce around the group. "How do you know each other?"

"We go back to the start," Rick informs.

"Well, the King is ready to see you." Richard says. They all follow him into a building. When the enter, they realize it's an auditorium.

On the stage stand two men. One is dressed in a vibrant red coat and wears a smile. The other is a boy much younger than the other man; he has blonde curls and holds a stick similar to Morgan's. There is a wooden throne sitting in the middle of the stage. There's a man with dreads sitting upon the throne. In one hand he holds a staff, in the other—

Odessa gasps and stops dead in her tracks when she sees the beast. Her eyes shoot wide, she stumbles over her feet. She bumps into someone's front. She doesn't look behind her because she can't take her eyes off of the massive predator that could rip her limbs off of her body.

The person behind her can't seem to move either. They're just as stunned as Odessa and everyone else in their group.

The reason they're so shocked is because the man holds a silver chain in his left hand. The chain is connected to a stripped beast at his side. It's a tiger.

"Jesus, Cori!" The man sitting upon the throne shouts joyfully. "It pleases me to see you, old friends!"

"It pleases him, indeed!" The man in the red coat follows up with a wide smile.