You dont have to go.

LETS ALL BE AUEPTANIC (amazing until Elliott posted this and now I'm crying) ps I love the somh Matilda by Harry styles so yes there will be references such as the title
Tw: talk of death, corpse mention,

"My boyfriend, Charlie spring. Was many things."Nick began but choked up as he caught a glimpse of the picture of Charlie. "He was caring, kind, helpful and amazing. He could've been greater than he was I'd his life wasn't taken so soon-"Nick sighed and turned over the next sheet of his speech. "Charlie was funny. Annoyingly funny. That type of funny were it's not a funny joke but he still made you laugh. Charlie was loving, loving to me, to his parents, to his sister, Tori and his brother, Ollie, to family, to friends.He was loving to strangers, loving to homeless people-..."

After the speech
Nick opened the door.
Charlie's door.
His room.
What used to be his room.

Nick took in the smell. It smelt like Charlie, lavender and vanilla. He stopped inside and looked around. It was empty. Not literally, not yet. It was empty because Charlie would never ever occupy this room ever again. The blood stained the rug which was still on the floor. Going to Charlie's bed he sat down on it. He was free to take whatever he wanted. The springs were moving anyway, they couldn't handle the emptiness. Couldn't handle the memories of Charlie in the house, in the street, in that city.

Charlie didn't have to go.
He didn't have to leave.
He had a long way to go but he could've made it.

Charlie could've started a family with nick. Could've grown up together, have more silly moments and have more fun. Nick wiped his tears away. He took the second favourite plush of Charlie's, as he knew the strings might want the favourite. Taking a box the springs gave him he placed it in.

He walked over to the desk and took some photos, a scrap book and the framed photo Nick have him for his birthday. He took his clothes back but he'd never wash them or wear them again. They were last used by Charlie and they had to stay that way. He took Charlie's drum sticks as a memory and took some posters aswell.

Nick let his tears fall as he tried to stop crying. He wanted his Charlie. His amazing Charlie. He wanted this to be a dream. He wanted to hug Charlie and feel the warmth but now he couldn't, Charlie was just a cold corpse six foot under now. A distant memory, never to be seen ever again. Nick wanted to kiss Charlie, see him take selfies for tumblr, watch him fall asleep and hold him.

He couldn't.
Charlie spring was dead.
Nick would never be able to do that ever again.
He stared at the room as he exited it. His heart felt heavy. He walked back downstairs, said goodbye and walked to his car to out the stuff in it.

He drove to the cemetery and sat down infront of the fresh grave.

"Why? CHARLIE WHY?"Nick yelled as he sobbed and threw a stone. "I want you back!"Nick screamed as he looked at the lettering on the grave. "It's not fair! Just come back, please!"Nick sobbed. He'd never be happy again, not until Charlie was back with him. "I- Charlie come back."

"I need you.."

Nick got home and brought the box upstairs. His room felt empty aswell. His mum was still at the springs house. Nick set the box down and lay in bed. Charlie would never lay in that bed again. Charlie would never be in that room again. Nick closed his eyes but all he saw was Charlie. Charlie Charlie Charlie.

Nick frustratingly sat up and walked downstairs. "Nick, darling?"Nicks mum called. "I'm here"Nick mumbled as he put bread into the toaster. "Oh Nicky..."Nicks mum hugged him tightly. "Mum why'd he do it?"Nick cried as he hugged his mum back. "I want him and I want him now! It's not fair!"Nick cried as he breathed heavily. "He chose too Darling. But know he's always going to be looking over you, he'll always love you."

"I want him back"
'I know, Nicky..I know"

Shoutout to my cousin for finding my mistakes