CHAPTER: seventeen

"Are you okay, Dear? Why don't you take a break, you look like you're gonna pass out any minute"

Is she okay? No. "I would love to, Ms. Lucia. Thank you"

Margaux gave the lady a smile before making her way outside. The lady is right. She might pass out if she chose to stay inside and as much as she wants to help and assist the kids, she needs a breather to calm herself down and screaming and noisy kids doesn't help, at all.

Once she got outside, Margaux took a deep breath, calming her nerves. To say that she's nervous is an undestatement to what she feels at the moment. She's worried, scared and nervous; all that combined.

"Something wrong, Margaux?"

It was Billy. "I am worried"

There's no point in lying when it's too obvious.

"You don't need to be worried for the pack, Margaux. They can handle themselves fine unless, you're worried about somebody else"

"What do you mean, Uncle?"

"A little bird told me that you're getting close, too close to someone you shouldn't be even hanging around"

Margaux's eyebrows furrowed. It took her seconds before she realized what her Uncle meant. "Little bird, you mean, Sam? and someone, you mean my friends? Of course, I would be worried about them" said Margaux as she leaned on the railings, sideways to face him.

"Friends? You shouldn't be friends with them, Margaux. They're our enemies. You should stop hanging out with them before our people start questioning where your loyalty lies"

So this is what it's all about.

"Did you offered me this just so I'll stop hanging out with them?"

Billy was quiet for a while, "It is part of your responsibility, Margaux"

"Responsibility, my ass" she scoffed.

It's been a year since she came here in Forks and got to know about supernatural beings; vampires and werewolves. She's been going in and out off the Rez and no one really minded her and now, that she's "hanging out" with vampires, he's, suddenly, bringing out her "responsibilities" because people might start to question where her loyalty lies. What a joke.  

"Don't be like that, Margaux. We're your family. Your own kind"

"We're a family, both of us, yes, but I am not one of your kind. And since we're talking about responsibilities, why don't you give me the right one. Shouldn't I be the Alpha? I am the only daughter of Lucas Black, after all. Oh, but wait, that's impossible because I can't shift, therefore I am not also part of the pack"

It all made sense now. He's just doing this because she's hanging out with the wrong sort and not for the sole purpose of making her feel welcome. How pathetic of him.

"You guys shouldn't worry about me---where my loyalty lies cause I'll never do something that will put your people in danger, if that's what your even worried about and you don't need to look out for me, I can look out for myself, thank you"

Before Billy could say something, Margaux left. She doesn't want to hear about it anymore. She was all over the fact that she wasn't like them, but she's not gonna lie, she once thought about being one and that maybe she was just a late bloomer especially with her so called "symptoms" but she got over it.

She accepted the offer not because she wanted to feel welcome or part of them, no. She accepted it because she simply wants to help kids. She would never do something just so she could please people, she's not like that. She was not raised like that.

Margaux decided to walk around for a while. She's not gonna stop tutoring the kids, she enjoys doing it. She's just not in a mood today, which is totally ruined now.

  °•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°

Surprisingly, the walk was peaceful. Maybe because it's quiet and the fresh, cold breeze is very refreshing.

She let the sound of the birds singing, sound of the rivers flowing and splashing against the rocks, the cold breeze touching her skin and the smell of wet soil calm her down.

The smell of wet soil after the rain, the sway of the trees and the wind blows and----screams.

"What the hell...."