CHAPTER: twenty-four

"So, How are you?" Maddie asked her daughter. She decided to visit her, bringing her food since Radleigh needs to do hunt and some errands.

"I'm doing well, Mom. Carlisle said 3 more days then I am good as a horse" Maddie nodded, "That's good to know"

The two went silent after that enjoying the quiet, but comfortable silence while they eat. It's been a while since Margaux had spent some time with her Mom. The latter always busy with her new job that she rarely stop by anymore. It upset her, but she understands.

"Do you think you can take a day-off, some day next week?" she asked, playing with her food.

"Hmmm...? Yeah I think so. Why? Do you have plans?"

"Yes, I would love to go out with you, like the old times. Go shopping and eat somewhere before me and Rad go to Switzerland to visit a friend"

"Visit a friend...?"

Margaux nodded. "Yeah"

"You guys are getting closer, I wouldn't be surprised if I woke up and you guys are getting married"

"Mom, stop"

"What? It's true. You guys are like a married couple now. Living together, him taking care of you, you guys looks so domestic. Tell me, how does it feel?"

"What do you mean?"

"Do you feel comfortable and safe...?"

"Yes. I do feel comfortable and safe with him. No need to worry"

"I am not worried. I just want to make sure. I am getting older. I've never trust someone to take care of you unless it's me. It's always been the two of us since your Father died and it was hard for me, but because of you, I got through it. Margaux, you know that the day will come and I'll pass and as parent, I wouldn't ever want to leave you all alone by yourself"

Confuse, Margaux asked her mother, "Why are you saying this?"

"Now, that's what I'm worried. That after what happened, you wouldn't have someone to run to. The pack and your relatives disowned you for breaking the rules"

"Well, I have Radleigh, the Cullens, Bella and.....Jake. They're enough for me and of course, You" 

"I figured and I am happy. You found people that will always be and stay by your side....forever"

      °•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°

"How's the hunt?"

"It went good. Got a lot of bears. How about you? How's your time with your Mom?"

"It's good. Her topics are kinda sappy though. I also told her about the trip to Switzerland. We actually plan to go out days before, so both of us can hang out"

Radleigh nodded, his eyes set on the forest.

"What are you looking at?" Margaux asked, annoyed. She's been asking him and even though he's answering it all, his attention wasn't not on her and he seems to be distracted by something.

Radleigh didn't say anything but nod his head towards the forest. Margaux put her tea down on the center table, slipping her slippers on before making her way to the railings of the balcony to see.

There stood a familiar man, waving his arms.

"Oh my god! Jake, HI!" She waved back and dissapeared. Jacob frowns, thinking that she must have been upset with him, but smiles as he saw her open the front door, pushing it with her body before jogging towards him, slowly. Once she got close, she jumped into his arms, hugging him tight.

Jacob laugh, spinning her around. "I miss you, Jake. You have no Idea"

"I know, I am sorry, but I bet it's not much. You have someone to keep you company" he said, before nodding his over her head. Margaux turned to look at Radleigh, giving him a small smile.

Radleigh just nod his head in understanding. He gestured for them to get in, before giving them privacy, going somewhere for a while.

"I see, you're doing perfectly fine. He must have been doing very well in taking care of 'someone' like you. You are....handful"

"Well, you're not wrong, and yes I am doing perfectly fine. Actually, I only have 3 more days and I am fully recovered. It took so long"

"You can blame the wolf genes for that. I don't wanna sound rude, but I am glad. It stopped it from turning you" He said as he noticed her eyes. 

"I do blame the 'wolf genes' for making it much harder for me that I had to be bed-ridden for weeks. If it wasn't for Radleigh I already lost my mind. We probably look like each other now for spending time with each other all day, he's starting to annoy me even without doing anything, don't tell him that. And you....you didn't even visited me or did you even ,atleast, thought that I'll make it out alive, knowing that there's a chance that I could die. You wouldn't have called me if I didn't contacted you first"

"As if" he scoffed "There's no way you could lose your mind when you already did. You have Bella and the pixie vampire too, aren't you guys close?"

"Yes, but both of them were too busy planning and organizing things for the wedding. They did visited me, but still......"

"Wedding" Jake muttered, bitterly.

"What's wrong with it, Jake? Both of the love each other"

"She's choosing wrong, Margaux. Bella chose wrong. He'll kill her no matter how hard he tries to avoid it. It's in his nature"

"How could you say that? You don't know that, Jake. Bella's chose what she wants and she has freedom to do it, that's it. She's old enough to make decisions for herself and she's old enough to know the consequences of what she chose"

"You're her friend, Margaux. Why didn't you try to knock some sense into her. Clearly, you don't care enough"

"What---watch your mouth, boy. You're being a hypocrite. Why aren't you reacting the same way when it comes to me then, huh? I am also in a relationship with one and we're currently living in the same roof and let's not forget that I am also not in good condition to protect myself in case something comes up with him and yet here we are. You're okay with it. Is it because you don't just care enough about me?"

"It's not like that, Marge"

"I know. What I am trying to make you realize that there's nothing you could do now. You like her? Okay, but she already chose and the least you could do is to respect it. You need to like it or support it. Respect is enough"