CHAPTER: eighteen

Margaux ran back as fast as she can and when she got there, they're under attack. She stood in her place, frozen, as she watched people scream, cries for help and ran for their lives, but it was all useless as something, no, somebody put them down, snapping their neck before they could even comprehend what's going on and without even a fight.

Vampires.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me" She whispered to herself.

How on earth could they possibly got in here? Are they part of the Newborn Army? Did the Cullen's and the pack lose the fight?

Those questions occupied Margaux's mind that she failed to notice a vampire was about to attack her, but before it could do something, it got tackled down by a wolf.

Margaux woke up from her thoughts as she got push by the wolf, falling down on her stomach. She got up right away and ran towards the nearest cabin, as the wolf ripped the vampire apart, not even giving a quick glance.

As she ran, Margaux took some kids with her, holding their hands and ushering them towards the cabin. She knows the Cabin won't do anything against vampires, there are atleast 7 of them, but it will give her a bit more time to think of any solution that will atleast give them 0.001% chance of survival.

"Here, get inside" Margaux opened a cabinet helping the kids get in. "Laila, don't come out, until I called out for you, okay?" The kid nodded.

Margaux then closed the cabinet door. Walking away, and start looking for something. Once she found what she's looking for, she pour a bit of it on the floor, then hid behind the wall, across the cabinet where she hid the kids. It's dumb, she knows, but there is no other way. She's just hoping that her plan actually works or hopes a vampire won't find the kids.

Not even a minute after she hid, the door opened. The floor squeaks as the stranger walks, probably looking for them and Margaux knows that it wouldn't take long for them to find the kids or find her. Hopefully, it's the latter.

Margaux's gripped on the red container tightened as the stranger stepped on the liquid she poured before, which means they're exactly in front of the cabinet now.

Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, she stepped out of her hiding spot, "Hey, motherf*cker" she said throwing the rest of it on him.

The vampire turned to her, his head tilting as if he's mocking her before starting to walk towards her. Margaux stepped back, throwing the container on him. The vampire chuckled, "How cute.."

The vampire then used his speed and grab her by her neck, lifting her up. She should've dropped dead, with the vampire strength, already, but it seems that the vampire isn't putting much pressure on her neck, wanting her to die slowly, which is a, very, wrong move as it gives her enough time to fish something out of her pocket.

In just one flick, the vampire dropped her on the ground, screaming. She set him on fire.

"Laila! Upstairs!"

The kids got out of the cabinet and ran upstairs, Margaux not far behind, but before she could take the first step, she got pulled down and thrown away like a rag doll, her back slamming on the coffee table.

Another one.

"Fuck..."

She rolled over, now laying on her stomach as her back hurts from the impact. She tried to crawl, her hands reaching for her lighter, but the vampire stepped on her hands, breaking all of it's bones.

She screamed, cursing the vampire. "F*ck you, you psycho" and before she could even recover from it, the vampire grabbed her collar from the back throwing her against the wall. Now, she's starting to wonder why she's not even dead yet.

Blood covered her face, she could barely open her eyes. Margaux then pushed herself up using her, not so, injured arm, resting her body against the wall, her broken hand resting on her chest.

"You're a tough one, I see"

Margaux chuckled. She'll take that as a compliment because, atleast, she's doing a great job buying the kids more time to escape. Her chuckles then turned into laugh then into coughs as blood rise up her throat. 

"Damn it. One time, I get to be a badass and this happen" she thought.

The vampire kneeled in front of her, putting some strands of her hair away, tucking it behind her ears. Margaux looked at him, dead in the eyes. Her good hand holding his hand as it make it's way to her neck.

"Too bad. I have to take you out" he said, tilting Margaux's neck, licking it before sinking his fangs, deep into her skin.

The moment her blood got into his mouth, a burning sensation spread into his system. He immediately stopped, spitting her blood out. The vampire then let go of her neck, but Margaux's grip on his arms is tight. So tight that he started to panic as he can't take it off.
He looks at her, but she seems to be dead, her whole face emotionless as she stared at him dead in the eyes.

The last thing he felt was the burning sensation on her grip before his body exploded.