CHAPTER: thirty-six

"You know you have to try harder to convince me" Radleigh said, looking at Margaux over his shoulder. Margaux leaned her side on the doorframe, her arms crossed. She raised an eyebrow as if asking him if he's joking.

"Oh c'mon babe. You and I both know I don't need to convince you to let me go. I'll go wether you want me to or not"

"Then what's the point of telling me this?"

"I just don't want you to worry about me"

"I'll never stop worry about you, Margaux. I care about you. Please, love. The last time you went out on your own you're ambushed. I know they won't hurt you then, but what about now? For godsake, you made a fool out of their 'ALMIGHTY ALPHA' for sure he's out there to take you on another a fight to prove himself worthy again or worse, kill you and by going there, you're just making it easier for him"

Margaux went silent after that. Radleigh got a point. He always does. "But they're giving me a chance to fix everything and you know I would take any chances, Rad" she reasoned out, looking down. Radleigh walked over, grabbing both of her arms.

"I know, love, but are you really the one who's supposed to fix it? As far as I am concerned you did not do anything wrong or against them. You only chose to live. Is it really worth to make amends with people who wants you dead?" Radleigh started "Why are they the one who's giving chances anyway? It's you, who's supposed to give them a chance to prove themselves worthy of your forgiveness. You're a daughter of an Alpha and you did not just prove it once but lot of times in very spectacular way"

Margaux is speechless. She could not believe what she had heard from him. It warmed her heart to know how much Radleigh must have appreciate her and know her to make her realize things she's been failing to notice about herself.

She nodded, "I guess you're right, just this time though. I don't know what came into me. Maybe I was just so excited to finally get something from them. I've been wanting to fix things between me and the pack to make it over once and for all that I haven't realized that it was not me who is supposed to be me making amends with them. You're right, I did nothing wrong"

Radleigh nodded, tucking her hair behind her ear. "Wait, how did you know I was ambushed?" She asked, but she already know how he got to know.

"Um...it's my gift. I can sense fears and weaknesses. I smell the rench smell of fear from you. I got curious why you're so scared. I checked it"

Margaux frowned, tilting her head in confusion. Edward did not mentioned that he can smell fears.

"I can see and smell fears from people, wolves and vampires. I must say wolves fear has the stinkiest of them all, I could die"

Margaux punch him, a bit offended. "You don't smell like them, love " he said, putting face in her neck leaving butterfly kisses on her jaw then her collarbones before pulling her shirt down a bit to leave a kisses on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry if what I did somehow invaded your privacy. I promise that's the only time I used my gift on you and I know that it should be consented, but I was worried I needed to do it" Radleigh explained, he already stopped what he was doing, but he didn't move away, his forehead rest still on her shoulder as he wrapped her arms around her waist.

Margaux pulled him closer, resting her arms around his back, rubbing it softly. "It's okay. I am glad you did" she said, before pulling away to kiss his forehead. "You baby"

"And I also want you to know that it's okay to use your gift sometimes. As long as you know you're doing it not for your own benefits"

"What's good about knowing someone else fears and weaknesses? What could I possibly use it for besides manipulating people?

"I know there must be a way for you to use it...you're just scared to discover more"