CHAPTER: twenty-three

No one muttered a word on their way until they got home. The two were quiet. Margaux's exhausted, Physically and Mentally. Sighing, she sat on the bed, rubbing both of her thighs before taking her 2 inch heels off. Radleigh on the other hand, went inside the bathroom and prepared a bath for her. He made sure that its warm enough for her to relax a bit.

"It's ready, Love"

Margaux then stand up, walking slowly. Radleigh met her halfway and help her out of her dress and in the tub. Once she settled down, she thanked him by pulling him down for a short kiss.

"Call me when you're done. I'll prepare your shots" 

That's their routine for the past few weeks of her recovery journey. Him taking care of her. Massaging her thighs, helping her walk, playing board games with her so she doesn't get bored staying in all day, he would order breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks for her or sometimes he would stop by Margaux's house to pick up her Mom's homecooked meals or her Mom will stop by to give it herself, Radleigh would give her hourly shots of venom, Carlisle 'prescribed' to give it to her every 4 hours to keep venom on her system as her body is working hard to get rid of it as soon as possible. Guess wolves, even their blood, really hate anything vampire related.

The purpose of it all is for his venom to heal all the internal and external damage the vampire had caused to her body which put her into a very critical condition and are beyond repair.

What cause them to use it that way?

Carlisle noticed that her heartbeat starts to get better, minutes after Radleigh bit her, which is not supposed to happen, but let it go.

After an hour, Carlisle went to her room to check up on her. There, he found out that she's not in transition, but her condition got slightly better. He left, thinking it will all gonna be okay from there onwards, but the morning comes and her condition worsen. Her whole body is now swollen and her skin already turned purple. He panicked, immediately grabbing Radleigh's spare venom and injecting it on her heart. He waited for a few more seconds, before her heartbeat starts to beat normal again and her color starts to turn normal.

He decided to take a sample of her blood to see what's wrong and he discovered that her blood is resisting the venom from spreading through her system further. He informed Radleigh and Edward right away and they started brainstorming ways to keep her alive until she fully recovers and that's when Radleigh thought of the idea.

"You said the venom helps heal some internal injuries that is too critical to mend right? And you said that it takes her 'wolf' blood hours to get rid of the venom, fully?"

Carlisle nodded.

"Then why don't we give her venom every hours, like a maintenance. Just to help her heal until she fully recovers"

Since then, Radleigh would monitor Margaux. Injecting venom into her system every four hours. Day and Night.

      °•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°●•°•°•○°•°•°

Minutes after, Margaux is now laying on the bed, leaning against the headboard as she waits for Radleigh to inject the venom on her hips. She's used to it by now that she's not flinching or scared of it anymore. She remembers how she had given Radleigh a hard time injecting the venom on her. He had to call Bella for help to keep her still and everytime she passes out.

"Carlisle said that maybe one more week and you're all good. Your hips are doing better now" Radleigh started, distracting her even though she doesn't need it anymore. "I'm planning to take out, just like I promised you, remember? We'll celebrate for your long awaited recovery"

Margaux smiled, but then she realized something. "You're a vampire right? What, How? The food you ate, doesn't it taste bad?"

"Oh that, I have connections. My wine's blood and my steak's.....raw. It actually doesn't taste that good, but I don't wanna ruin our night. I'm actually surprised you never noticed it or questioned it. Guess, you're too caught up that your crush invited you for dinner" Radleigh chuckled.

"Shut up....." Margaux said crossing her arms over her chest. "You said you have connections.....what do you mean? Is it illegal?"

"No, no. I've changed. I have a friend, he's a vegetarian vampire too. He owns that restaurant. He has someone to do things for him just like how I have someone to do things for me when it comes to my firms. The chef that served our meal, he's an old friend of the owner back in the 40s, I guess. He knows about our kind and is loyal enough to keep it for years and counting. He purposely didn't cooked mine to adjust it to my taste. I also thought that it would make you feel uncomfortable eating and I am just looking at you, watching you eat. I know you're already nervous trying to find the right timing to ask me something you've been curious about"

Margaux nodded, "You're right, but I am not gonna go out and eat outside with you from now own, knowing that your food is raw...ew.. I thought it was medium rare. I should've known, but you're right. I am too excited and too occupied with the questions on my mind that I didn't even realized it. Even my mom. So now, better think of another thing to do on our next date"

"Okay then, I just did it because I want you to have your first date just like any normal date. Even though anything about me is far from it. I want you to feel like our relationship is just like any other relationships. Guess I can endure anything when it comes to you"

Margaux then scrunched her nose, "Okay, I see it's time for me to sleep. Someone's getting all mushy on me"

Radleigh laughs sarcastically.

"Okay then, Goodnight, Love. See you later"

"Hmm...Goodnight" she said, yawning.

Aside from her diet and temperature, Margaux can still sleep and that's what she's greatful for besides having Radleigh as her partner for life.