Chapter 5

"I don't know what to do! He wants to meet my parents but…they're kind of weird with this stuff.  And what if they think this is moving too fast? Candy won't even approve. And she's a freaking prostitute. Lydia, what do I do?" I grabbed her by the shoulders on the way out of the school, practically begging for an answer; a way out of this whole situation.

    It was mere minutes after Gorden and I had been interrupted from our make out scene, but it felt like years. Though, that was the last thing on my mind. I realized that I needed to find a way to get Gorden away from my family. He would think we were all insane for sure. I mean, there was my dad…the "master chef."  In reality, he made curry at a place called Spice Hutt. Hell, it wan't even good curry. And then there was my eighteen year old sister, Candace, who insisted that everyone call her Candy. Sure, she also liked to be termed as a profession escort, but anyone with a brain knew that she was just a prostitute who made cheap pornos on the side. Jesus, if Gorden ever found that out I knew he would dump me faster than the rate at which Benny's new drugs sold out. I guess that my mom was the only "normal" person in my family. And she wasn't even home half the time because she was too busy working.

    And that left no one.    

    That was it, Gorden was not meeting my parents. No. No. NO.

    "If he really likes you, he won't mind how crazy your family is, and if your parents are weird about it, then try talking to them before. Why exactly are they weird about it?" Lydia questioned as she walked out of the stairwell and into the first floor hallway. I read the back of her dark green sweatshirt and laughed to myself.

    Brophy. The chick's last name was Brophy.

    I was getting advice from someone named Brophy.

    Help.

    "They just want me to focus on school now. Ugh. I don't get it! They let Candy do whatever the hell she wants; they know she makes porn like, all the time. And they don't even say anything about it.  But, lo and behold, I go out with one guy and they act like the world is crashing and burning."  

    Lydia kicked the school's front door open while turning to answer me, but stopped short.      

    She had just hit a guy in the face.

    Leave it to her to go do something like that.

    "OhmyGod. OhGod ohGod ohGod. I am so sorry! Are you okay? Dear God, please be okay. Can you hear me? HELLO? DUDE CAN YOU SEE ME RIGHT NOW?" Lydia got down on her knees and smacked the guy in the face while I stood there trying my best not to laugh at her. Mystery Dude was clearly fine; the fact that Lydia was overreacting to such a degree made it hard not to laugh.

    After what seemed like an eternity, he propped himself up on his elbows and brushed the dirt off his palms.    

    "You need to watch it, darling," he said, smirking at Lydia.

    Damn. He was sassier than Kigurl.

    And he was hot.

    …And Gorden chose that exact moment to come out of the school behind me and remind me that I was already in a serious relationship. "Hey, Mumu," he murmured in that seductive low voice of his.

    "Uhh…hey," I said sheepishly, kicking the pavement and trying my best not to stare at Mystery Dude.

    "Okay, while you bitches have a love fest over here, I'm going to go find Benny. Watch where you're going next time, Brophy!" Mystery Dude called as he walked down the stairs in front of the school and around the corner.

    "How does he know my name?" Lydia asked, slightly in shock. "STALKER!" She called out to him a second later.

    Gorden just stood behind me; I already knew he was fuming.

    Let the drama begin.

*

    After spending my entire afternoon on Facebook, I had come to know that Mystery Dude's name was Andre D'Stefan and he was apparently a good friend of Kigurl's. Although, he also knew Benny, which meant that he was probably involved with Benny's crazy drugs in some way or another. I just prayed he hadn't snorted any of those Kix. I mean, come on…Kix? Of all the things one could snort, who in their right mind would go and decide oh let me just crush up some Kix because I bet they'd be fabulous to inhale!? That Benny kid was going to die before he even finished Freshman year. I just knew it.   

    Anyway, back to more important things…such as Andre.

    I knew I'd have to interrogate Kigurl about him. And maybe Ronan too. After all, I hadn't been able to ask her about any cute guys she knew. Maybe she would have information on my new man as well. I could feel excitement rush through me, and it made me feel amazing; like I had inhaled all the Kix in the world.

    Gorden who?