2 ~ unexplainable things (edited)

"What the fuck did you give her?!" Null asked quickly, increasingly concerned for Chrissy's state of being.

"Nothing, I swear!" Eddie threw his hands down from waving them frantically in front of Chrissy face as he turned towards Null.

Normally Null would've made some smart ass comment. Something about how Chrissy can see her own skull better than his hands in front of her face, but she knew it wasn't the time. "Well did she take anything accidentally?"

"No man," Eddie shook his head frantically, hand covering his face like he was trying to figure out what could be going on by himself. "I don't have anything laying around."

Null stepped past him, getting face to face with Chrissy. "It's like she's possessed," she muttered, examining Chrissy for anything out of the normal. There wasn't anything unusual about her though, aside from her eyes being rolled back and her posture rigid, of course. "Do you have a lighter?"

"I get wanting a smoke, but now?!" Eddie shrieked.

Null rolled her eyes. "It's not for a blunt or a cigarette, dumbass, just give me a lighter."

Eddie fished one out of the pocket of his leather jacket, handing it to Null with a confused and bewildered look on his face.

Null struck her finger on the fork of the lighter, igniting it. She looked towards Chrissy, unsure of what she was about to do, before lifting Chrissy palm and setting it just about the flame.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Eddie exclaimed, jumping to look over Null's shoulder.

"I have a theory. Back up and sit the fuck down," Null snapped, suddenly feeling overwhelmed with his closeness in a time like this.

He did as she said, and again, she'd usually have made some sarcastic comment about how obedient he was. How the humane society would've loved him, or something along those lines. But she kept her wit at bay.

Null moved Chrissy's hand closer to the flame, nearly touching it, before Chrissy yanked her own hand back, almost subconsciously, proving Null right. At the same time, the lights in the trailer started flashing, a sure sign of the upside down.

Null was no stranger to these situations, obviously. She'd never dealt with whatever this possession like scenario was, but she was incredibly familiar with the upside down. The upside down hates fire, and as it was just proven, Chrissy hated it now, as well. Though previously unmoving, the fire struck a chord with her.

"She's possessed," Null turned towards Eddie and through the lighter back at him. He caught it with ease.

"What do you mean-" Eddie started, standing up.

"No time for explanations. Turn the heat up as high as it'll go. Turn the stove on. Make it as hot as possible in here," Null ordered. Eddie was visibly confused, but went along with it anyway, giving null a few moments to collect herself and formulate a plan.

This was something upside down related, but she wasn't in the upside down. Something, or someone, was affecting her from the upside down. It happened to will before, but he wasn't paralyzed like Chrissy was, nor were his eyes rolled back.

But she knew it was possible to be affected from the upside down in the real world, and that was a start. But she had a feeling it wasn't like will, that it wasn't possession, because she wasn't actively doing anything. It was like she was in some sort of trance, forced to see something in her head that wasn't actually there. It was a mind trick. Fortunately for them, Null was good at those.

Null had no idea where to begin, though. She quickly theorized that if it was a trance, some sort of mental illusion someone else was putting in Chrissy head, that maybe, Null would be able to hijack it somehow, given her experience with them. Null thought maybe instead of creating illusions, she could use her power to search for illusions that were already there.