9 ~ the plan

They were robbed of a peaceful start to the morning when someone began pounding on the bedroom door. The measly, thin curtains that were closed to offer seclusion from the outside world had no streaks of sunlight itching to break through any tears in the fabric. The sun had not yet risen.

Nancy burst into the room, appraised the sleeping situation of Eddie and Null, and chose to ignore the fact that each was shirtless(evident by the bedding not fully covering their shoulders), with Null's bra straps being the only thing to provide Nancy a small inkling of relief. It proved they weren't totally naked, which if they were, Nancy would have probably lost it on them.

"Get dressed," she ordered bluntly, before leaving the room, "we need to get to Max's trailer before the sun rises so nobody sees us."

Eddie had strained his neck forward, originally aiming to get a better view at who had walked in. Now that Nancy was gone, he let his head flop backwards onto the mattress and groaned.

"You know I think I prefer my actual loud alarm clock to Nancy Wheeler," Eddie broke the silence.

"Seconded," Null agreed, moving her arms as she stretched.

Eddie rolled over on his side to face her. "Good morning, girlfriend," he said with a lazy grin.

"Top o' the mornin' to ya, boyfriend," Null replied in mock excitement, too tired to care of what delirious words might drop out of her mouth.

Eddie pecked her forward with a kiss, before jumping up and tugging his pants on. Null watched him get dressed, admiring the tattoos and his body in general.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," Eddie suggested with a cheeky grin.

"I'm taking plenty of mental pictures right now, don't you worry," Null replied.

Eddie laughed before yanking the bedsheets off of her suddenly, and pulled her off of the bed, before plopping back into the bed himself. "My turn to take mental pictures."

Null rolled her eyes, "You're ridiculous."

"But you love it."

"Unfortunately," Null mumbled.

~~~~~

"He showed me things that haven't happened yet. The most awful things. I saw a dark cloud spreading over Hawkins." The group watched Nancy intently while she spoke about what Vecna had showed her. Null was standing behind Nancy, walking back and forth occasionally, before stopping to listen better, and the pacing again to try to put the pieces together. "Downtown on fire. Dead soldiers. And this...Giant creature with... a gaping mouth. And this creature wasn't alone. There were so many monsters. An army. And they were coming into Hawkins. Into our neighborhoods. Our homes. And then...He showed me my mom. And Holly. Mike. And they...They were all..."

"Okay, but... he's just trying to scare you, Nance," Steve tried to offer her some comfort. "Right? I mean...I mean, it's not real."

"Not yet," Nancy breathed shakily. "But there... there was something else. He showed me gates. Four gates. Spreading across Hawkins. And these gates, they looked like the one outside of Eddie's trailer, but... they didn't stop growing. And this wasn't the Upside Down Hawkins. This was our Hawkins. Our home."

"Four chimes," Max realized. "Vecna's clock. It always chimes four times. Four exactly."

"I heard them too," Nancy added.

Null, who had been pacing for nearly a minute on the verge of a minor headache from the dizziness, stopped in her tracks. "Four chimes," she said in disbelief.