12 ~ 3 can keep a secret if 2 of them are unreliable

Null woke to the sound of a monitor beeping. As she tried to open her eyes to see where she was, she quickly found that she couldn't open her eyes. She relied on her touch next, feeling slightly propped up on an uncomfortable bed...a cot, possibly.

She felt lackadaisical in her movements, groaning as she tried lifting her arm, and by extension, moving her wrists.

Footsteps drew nearer, and Null panicked. It'd been a while since she'd felt like this, a while since Hawkins lab.

"Relax, love," a familiar voice reassured, sitting down next to her and removing some of the needles that were in her arm. "I just need to clean some of the blood off your eyes. I've seen your nose bleed, but your ears and eyes bleeding really freaked me out if I'm being honest."

"Alex?" Null croaked, laughing a bit in amazement before wincing in pain.

"That's what they call me," Alex confirmed. "You might want to take it easy though for now. I'd hoped you'd sleep longer but you never really were one for doing what you should do, right?"

Null cleared her throat. "Right."

"Alright, you should be able to open them now," Alex instructed.

Null opened her eyes to a painfully bright room, courtesy of the fluorescent lights hanging above her. The room wasn't too large, about the size of a master bedroom, though there were 4 hospital beds set up, her and Eddie occupying 2 of them. The beeping she'd heard was from his heart monitor machine.

"Where are we?" Null asked Alex.

"A bunker. But that's a long story. I'm more concerned about yours," he replied.

"How did you pick me up-"

"Null. Not now," he quieted her. "I need to know what happened so we can treat the injuries."

"We?" Null asked.

"Yes. Me and Darcy," he explained, causing null to look around the room for her.

"Is she here?"

"Not yet. Soon though, I expect. Now about those injuries?" He inquired once more.

"Well that's kind of a long story," Null groaned.

"But a necessary one," Alex countered.

She sighed. "Basically we were in an alternate dimension of our worlds with monsters and shit, and me and Eddie were fighting bats until they attacked him. He bled out and actually died, but I was able to convince his mind that he wasn't actually dead, which restarted his heart."

Alex nodded as if deep in thought. "I'm assuming that's the short version?" Null nodded in response. "Well then yeah I could see how it'd be a long story. What about your injuries?"

"Well we were trying to bike away from said bats but then my bike hit a pothole, so I got launched off it-"

"Breaking your wrist as you tried to break your fall and scraping the fuck out of your knee bone," Alex finished.

"Knee bone?" Null questioned.

"You can't see it?" He asked.

Null shook her head. Alex gestured towards her knee, which sure enough, had a bit of visible bone showing. Null immediately looked away, trying not to puke.

"Well," Alex stood up and straightened out his shirt which had wrinkled as he sat down next to null. "You look like shit. So when Darcy gets here, I'll have her help you get cleaned up, and then we can do some much needed catching up."

Null nodded, watching him leave the room before turning her attention to Eddie. He'd been cleaned up. He was now barefoot, shirtless, laying down in a pair of pajama pants. His abdomen was bandaged up, though it seemed some blood had seemed through the bandage, staining it red.