4 ~ ready or not, here i come

She stepped into the circle, and waited for 001 to put on her blindfold

She stepped into the circle, and waited for 001 to put on her blindfold. She was never ready to face off, especially against the other children. Her abilities were solely geared towards tricking the opponent, or hiding, but neither of those abilities would be useful if the opponent wasn't using their eyesight.

She tried the best she could, trying to distract 002 by making him believe he was being pushed out of his circle. But it was no use, since there wasn't any actual force. Just make believe, pretend. And he knew that. He slammed her into the wall behind her, hard.

Null woke with a yelp. Her nightmares weren't uncommon, but they'd usually been filled with monsters from the upside down, instead of the human monsters from her past.

"What's wrong?" Eddie asked, panicked. "Are you okay?"

Null began to calm down when she started to remember where she was. "Yeah, just a nightmare is all."

"Do you have those a lot?" Eddie asked, sitting down on the couch next to her and stretching his arm around her. It was a casual action, as his arm rested on the back of the couch behind her, but it was an action she did not miss. She'd be able to lean into him, cuddle into his side like she did with Steve, if she chose to. She refrained.

"Almost every time I close my eyes," null laughed, rubbing her eyes and forcing herself to wake. The sun was just beginning to break across the lake.

"Why don't we go into the garage out back before the sun rises? Less windows, probably more safe for us to hide," Eddie suggested. She nodded, and he grabbed her hand to guide them there quickly.

"So what was your dream about?" He asked as they sat in the boat in the garage, facing each other.

Null shifted downward, to lay on the base of the boat with her head propped on the seat she was using just moments before. "It was about the lab."

Eddie closed his eyes as he began to tease her. "Yup I totally see it now. It's such a vivid picture you've painted for me."

She hit him lightly in the arm with the oar laying beside her. "Oh shut up, Munson."