8 ~ back in the real world

"Whatever you guys are doing, hurry up!" Steve yells from the living room of the upside down, shaking Nancy, though to no avail.

"Steve says you need to hurry," Erica said, jogging into Eddie's room which was being tossed around primarily by Robin.

"Yeah? No shit," Dustin yelled.

"We're trying, we can't find anything," Max cried.

"Seriously, what is all this shit?" Robin snapped.

"What are you even looking for?" Eddie asked, beyond stressed out.

"Madonna, Blondie, Bowie, Beatles? Music! We need music!" Robin emphasized.

"This is music!" Eddie screamed, holding up an Iron Maiden cassette tape.

"Not music Nancy would listen to," Null explained to Eddie.

He groaned and started pacing, as it seemed to become a reoccurring thing for him to do when he was stressed and nervous.

"Wait Max," Null suddenly had an idea. "Don't you have Madonna in your room?"

"Yes but we might not be able to make it back in time!" Max worried.

"Well it's the best shot we've got," Null furthered.

"How are we gonna make it past my mom?" Max asked, concerned with the fact her mother would undoubtedly stop to interrogate where she's been. Null only raised her eyebrow, before making the two of them invisible. "Right, powers."

The two sprinted into Max's trailer, and into her room noiselessly and unseen, thanks to Null. Madonna wasn't hard to find, considering Max had organized her collection of music alphabetically. By the time the two made it back with not only a couple of Madonna cassette tapes, but also Blondie (just in case,) Nancy had already woken, and Robin was being interrogative.

"What happened? How'd you get out? Are you okay?" Robin asked frantically.

"Robin," Steve cautioned. "A little space?"

Robin who'd moved into a hovering position over Steve and Nancy readjusted once she realized how overbearing she'd been. "Right. Sorry."

The group shut up as they let Steve talk to Nancy. "Are you alright?"

Nancy only nodded, apparently too in shock to speak.

"Well what happened?" Dustin asked, too eager to wait any longer for answers.

"Dustin," Null warned this time.

"What?" He asked, like he'd done nothing wrong.

Null sighed. "How about we all give Nancy some space for tonight, and some time to let whatever just happened sink in and settle. We're not gonna be going back in there tonight."

The group nodded, as if in agreement.

"Right, we can get some sleep and come back to this tomorrow with our brains firing on all cylinders," Robin concluded, before making a distasteful face.

"What are you making that face for?" Eddie asked.

"I just sounded like my father there for a minute," Robin answered.

"Ew," Erica judged, before claiming the better half of the couch in the living room for herself for the night.

The group dispersed, each doing different things to get settled in for the night. Some used the bathroom, some scrounged for blankets and pillows, and some dragged their mattress back into their room and tried to tidy up the room a bit, preparing for a night alone with their girl.