4 - THE WILL TO FIND WILL

"And you think you know where will is?" Mike asked Eleven, the three boys seemingly trying their hand at interrogation.

El nodded, and flipped over the board of whatever game they were playing, placing a figurine on it afterwards.

"What does that even mean?" Lucas asked, frustrated.

"Hey!" Null scolded. "We advised you not to get into our business, and now you're in it, and you're going to question our certainty on this shit? Are you fucking mental?"

"Sorry," Lucas mumbled.

"That's what I thought," Null crossed her arms over her chest and leaned back into the couch. As she did, she caught sight of the clock, which of course meant she'd seen the time. "Oh shit. Gotta go."

"Go where?" Mike wheeled on her.

"Took look for Will. With Jason... no that's not right. Jackson? No that's not it either. With Will's brother," Null informed.

"With Jonathan?" Dustin asked, incredulously.

"Is that so hard to believe?" Null replied, grinning.

"Yeah, a little bit," Dustin sassed, "when you were supposed to stay here all day."

"Oh please, what are you? My mother?" Null questioned.

"Wait guys, this might not be a bad thing," Mike compromised. "Null can see if anything strange has been going on at Will's house when she's with Jonathan."

The boys seemed to ponder it for a second before Dustin said, "I still think it's a bad idea."

"Good thing you have no choice in the matter," Null stood up, making herself invisible on her way out the door. "See ya when I see ya."

~~~~~

Jonathan and Null said awkward hellos, before sitting in silence for several long moments, listing to The Clash.

"Not a bad band," she commented.

"You like The Clash?" Jonathan asked.

"Yeah. Not my favorite, but I still enjoy listening to them," she replied.

"What's your favorite band, then?"

"Band? That'd be Jimi Hendrix, if that counts since it'd probably be consider an 'artist.'"

"Let's say Hendrix didn't count, then what?" Jonathan asked, smiling slightly, more comfortable now that they'd found some common ground between them.

"Led Zeppelin," Null said, without hesitation.

"You have good taste in music," Jonathan complimented.

"Thanks," Null grinned at him, "I'd hope so, considering the amount of time I spend listening to music."

"They're household names for a reason," Jonathan added, as he pulled off to the side of the road, next to where Will's bike was found. "I brought an extra flashlight, in case you forgot one."

Null patted her pockets, before realizing she indeed did not bring one. "Good thing you did."

Jonathan chuckled a little before they took to the woods together. It was colder than Null original thought, so she took to humming as she went along to keep her distracted from the temperature.

"'Aint No Mountain High Enough'," Jonathan placed the tune.

Null laughed. "Yes!"

"You cold?" He took in the sight of her arms crossed tightly.

"Sweating, actually," she replied sarcastically.

He laughed. "Here," he took off his large tattered jacket, and swung it over her shoulders. "What are friends for, right?"