10 ~ angry hicks

"Check this out," Eddie sprawled a newspaper ad on the table in front of the group, each of them trying to look over his shoulders to get a better look. "I've been there once. It's huge. It's got everything you need for, uh...well killing things basically."

"Well everything can be a weapon if you-" Null started.

"Not now, Null," Dustin interrupted. Null stuck her tongue out in response.

"You think fake Rambo has enough guns there?" Robin asked. "Is that a grenade? I mean, how is any of this legal?"

"Well, lucky for us it is, so..." Eddie shrugged. "This place is just far enough outside of Hawkins. As long as we steer clear of main roads, we ought a be able to avoid cops and, uh, angry hicks."

"Mmm, angry hicks," Null said sarcastically. "My favorite."

"If we're trying to avoid angry hicks," Erica scoffed. "Maybe we shouldn't go to some store called the War Zone."

"Normally, I'd agree, but we need the weapons," Nancy started.

"And the entertainment," Null muttered under her breath.

"So I think it's worth the risk," Nancy continued.

"Me too," Lucas agreed.

"But is it worth the time?" Dustin asked. "It'll take all day to bike there and back."

"Who said anything about bikes?" Eddie asked.

"You got some car we don't know about?" Steve questioned, doubtfully.

"It's not exactly a car, Steve," Eddie replied sourly. "And it's not exactly mine, but, uh... it'll do. Hey, Red, uh, you got a ski mask or a bandana, something like that?"

Max shrugged, turning to go grab whatever she had in mind, with Eddie following behind her. The rest of the group packed up whatever little belongings they had and waited to them to get back.

"AHHHH!" Eddie screamed into Null's ear, shaking her shoulders.

Null jumped out of her seat and clutched her heart. "Jesus Christ Eduardo Munson. For fuck's sake, man."

Eddie simply laughed as they exited the trailer.

"Couldn't you just have made us all invisible?" Steve whispered into Null's ear as they scurried between trailers, following Eddie.

"But where would the fun be in that?" Null questioned. She didn't need to see Steve to know he'd rolled his eyes. "I'm a little tired from the events of the past two days. I'd have trouble focusing. Plus now we get to see Eddie in that horrendous mask, so I'd call it a win."

They'd finally reached a parked RV, and Eddie checked a couple different windows, testing if it was unlocked. The last one was, and he slid it open and jumped inside.

"That was suffocating," Eddie muttered as he helped Null by grabbing her hands and pulling her gently inside.

As the rest of the group jumped in and got settled, Eddie locked the door to the RV and jumped into the drivers seat, cutting wires in preparation for hot-wiring it.

"Where'd you learn how to do this?" Steve asked.

"Well, when the other dads were teaching their kids how to fish or play ball, my old man was teaching me how to hot-wire. Now, I swore to myself I wouldn't wind up like he did, but now I'm wanted for murder, and soon, grand theft auto. So, uh, I'm really living up to that Munson name."

Steve just nodded in understanding as Robin came up behind him. "Eddie, I'm not sure I love the idea of you driving."

"Oh, I'm just starting this sucker," Eddie replied. "Harrington's got her. Don't ya, big boy?"