2 - HAWKINS

"Is this it?" The taxi driver asked.

Null took a look around. She had no idea, if it was indeed it or not. She'd never actually seen Hawkins, only lived in a lab facility and had been surrounded by the same familiar walls all her life. At least, as much as she could remember was in the lab.

She paid the driver, and stepped towards the first diner she'd seen on her way in. Benny's Burgers.

"Sorry, we're closed," a large man, presumably Benny, said as she walked in.

"Sorry, I didn't know..." Null apologized, as her eyes scanned the empty restaurant, before her eyes landed on a girl in the kitchen.

"Look, we'll be open at 7am tomorrow, alright?"

"Sure," Null nodded, eyes focused on Eleven. "Thanks anyway."

As she walked out of the door, she immediately scoured the grounds, invisibly, to find a back door. She found it just as another car began to turn into the parking lot, rising her suspicions.

The moment she opened the back door, she had a plan in motion, requiring much more concentration than she usually used.

She first made the real Benny and Eleven invisible, including herself to the mysterious woman who parked in the lot. Eleven could see Null and the real Benny, and Benny could only see eleven. The woman would see Benny and Eleven, but only the Benny and eleven that null allowed her to see.

"Eleven," she addressed quickly, lifting up her sleeve. "My names Null, it's German for zero. I'm not sure if you remember be, but I remember you, and it's why I came back here. I need you to trust me since we don't have much time."

Eleven looked frightened, but nodded nonetheless.

The woman walked in, suddenly looking very familiar, and the real Benny aimed to say the same thing he'd said to null to the woman, but the woman paid him no mind as the fake Benny said the same thing, with a fake Eleven sitting very much out in the open for the woman to see. The woman's eyes widened, before she shot her gun at the illusion.

Null grunted as she had to improvise, improving the illusion to buy them some time. She changed Benny's appearance to accommodate the gunshot wound, with blood flowing how null assumed it would. She then made herself visible to Benny, who was visibly in shock at seeing a double of himself and eleven.

"Go," null urged him. "Now! It's not safe."

"Yeah," he panicked. "I can see that. Uh- where do I go?"

"Somewhere you can lay low," null suggested. "For now, at least."

"What about her?" He asked, gesturing towards eleven.

"I think you underestimate my ability to protect family," Null smiled softly at eleven, who looked scared, given the intensity of the situation, but glad she had someone on her side. "My sister and I can handle ourselves."

Benny looked uncertain, but ran for it. Null begrudgingly extended her illusion to cover him and his truck for as far as the naked eye could see. Null started straining to make her illusion more real, to create a semi physical fake Eleven for the woman to grab, when all of her illusions shorted simultaneously.

"Shit," Null muttered, as at the same time, two more agents filed in, providing backup to the woman.

Null started to usher Eleven out the back door as one of the agent grabbed the back of nulls leather jacket, yanking her back and away from eleven. And the suddenly, she was free. She looked around to see the agents and the woman, collapsed and dead. She looked up to see Eleven with blood trickling down from her nose.