11 ~ its like The Rolling Stones said; you can't always get what you want

They'd ditched the RV a several blocks down from the trailer park, and sneakily ran the rest of the way back to Eddie's trailer. Once they were inside, they dropped the things that would slow them down as they climbed the rope into the upside down.

Steve went first, muttering, "here goes nothing."

Steve landed smoothly on his feet, before looking back at Nancy, Null, and Robin through the gate and shrugging. 

Robin mocked his movement. "What does he want us to do? Applaud?"

Null snickered before going next, followed by Nancy, Eddie, Robin, then finally Dustin. 

"Hey, guys, listen," Steve stopped to address Eddie, Null and Dustin. "If things here start to go south, I mean, at all, you abort. Okay? Draw the attention of the bats. Keep 'em busy for a minute or two. We'll take care of Vecna. Don't try to be cute or be a hero or something. Okay? You guys are just..." 

"Decoys," Dustin finished. "Don't worry. You can be the hero, Steve."

"Absolutely. I mean, look at us. We are not heroes," Eddie answered.

"Speak for yourself," Null muttered, crossing her arms over her chest.

Eddie rolled his eyes. "Hey, Steve? Make him pay."

Steve nodded, then headed on his way with Robin and Nancy. 

As they waited, they brainstormed. 

"So how are you gonna draw the bats?" Dustin asked Null.

Null looked between Dustin and Eddie uncertainly. "Well actually, I was thinking..."

"Oh boy," Dustin sighed.

"I was thinking that for me to draw all of those bats by convincing each of their brains that they all hear something loud or see something, whatever, I was thinking that would take a lot of my energy, something I think we should save if we don't absolutely need it."

Eddie nodded. "So what were you planning?"

"Well, I was actually wondering if you have any amps that play really loudly," Null smiled at Eddie sheepishly, aware of what she was asking him. 

Eddie smiled, actually liking her idea. They rushed into his bedroom, and he gasped. "It's like she was made from an alternate dimension."

Null mocked offense. "I wasn't aware I had competition."

"Oh this is no competition angel, I'm afraid this is a full blown relationship," he joked.

"She's in. Move on to phase three," Nancy voice came over the walkie, interrupting their banter.

"Copy that. Initiating phase three," Dustin replied.

They moved to the roof, plugging his guitar into the amp. "Let's hope they hear this," Eddie said. "Chrissy, this is for you."

Eddie began strumming the chords to the song Null recognized as 'Master of Puppets', soon captivating her in awe. 

"Okay, it's working," Dustin commented, lowering his binoculars.

"At drawing the bats? Or at turning me on?" Null asked, jaw dropped as she watched Eddie play.

Eddie laughed at that, grinning at her as he continued playing.

"Okay, first of all, gross," Dustin whined. "Second, Eddie! We gotta lock down in T-minus 30 seconds!"

Eddie nodded. 

"T-minus 20!"

"T-minus ten!"

As the countdown dropped to one, the three got off the roof, running for protection in the trailer.