Layla sets down her lunch and takes a seat. Watching Tabbia lost in her head as she neglects her lunch.

"Hey cuz, how were morning classes?"

Tabbia rolls her eyes. "Shut up."

Layla laughs and shoves some chips in her mouth. Tabbia eyes her. She was fresh off a two-week suspension and irrate was her school mood. She had never hated anywhere else more. As it was the same with her. This place and the people here were in a world of their own. Now she was beginning to understand why Dark View treated her this way. It might not be far-fetched to believe Tabby might be just like her. She would have to talk to Tristan about this.

"What?"

"There is something different about you."

"Huh?"

She did not know why but Layla seemed more relaxed. She got in less trouble these days and she was in a constant good mood. Had she finally gotten used to a place? Did she meet someone? She looked happy.

"I like it."

Layla's eyes widened. "You do? I'll tell you all about it."

As she was about to speak a tray appeared next to her. What is even worse someone sat down with it. She was in a pink top with a preppy smile on her face. They watched as she made herself comfortable. Three more smiley faces appeared setting down their trays and chatting away like it was nothing.

"What the hell?"

"Hey Layla, Tristan told me everything. I am so sorry for everything you had to go through."

By everything she was referring to a fabricated story he devised to keep their sire link a secret. He needed to keep the truth from anyone who would tell his father. Even Chloe could not be trusted.

"Okay. Why are you here?"

"You're with us now."

Laughing Layla looked at the intruders and then at Tabbia whose annoyance was reaching its peak. This would not end well. Tabbia liked her peace when she had it and they were disturbing it. Considering what these people were Tabbia would have a blast fighting them. Considering what they could do Tabbia getting hurt seemed real for the first time.

"Get lost. I didn't ask for This. You are crossing a line here."

"Oh no worries, There is no need to be hostile. We all got your back from now on. That's how these kinds of things work."

"I don't care. This table was already occupied."

"Ohh hey, is this your friend? Hi, I'm Chloe  Valdez. This is Hanna, Tia, and Colin. Tristan will be here soon in the meantime we can......"

Chloe was like an everlasting talking machine. She just went on while the others ate and chipped in when allowed to. Tabbia opted not to move as she was in a comfortable seat but it was getting there.

"... oh you are so gonna be a bridesmaid. This is amazing. I needed someone extra and now..."

"Hold on a second, who is gonna be a bridesmaid?"

"You are." Chloe squealed.

"Why?"

"Tristan and I aren't just together." She lifts her hand to show a neat diamond crusted ring. "I'm his fiance." She sings in a dreamy voice as her smile broadened.

"Hey Chlo, maybe we should add her little friend. A partner like her would be the bomb for me. Everyone would be so jealous."

Colin, as the talkative one introduced himself had been stare flirting at her since he sat down. He seemed to enjoy being ignored. But it was unsettling and she wanted to mess up his face.

When she also mentioned the name Tristan her blood began to boil. She clenched her fist ready to knock out the one who called her little. First, they took her lunch time and now they were belittling her. This was far enough. Two things happened then. She gasped as the air buzzed and her anger disappeared.

The entire lunchroom was flooded with silence as the sound of shattered glass pierced their eardrums. The culprit was non-other than Tristan. He was standing next to the vending machine fists still clenched and the right one dripping blood.

Chloe who screamed raced over to him. She began fussing over his hand and the broken glass but he had yet to acknowledge her. For the entire time, he had locked eyes with Tabbia. Each captivated by the other and each, unable to look away.

He appeared and all her anger... did he take It? Or was he just as angry. If that machine was a person would he still have done it? She felt okay now. Did he feel okay? He gave a slight nod as he closed his eyes.

"I'm leaving." She speaks to Layla and leaves.

He had a fiance. Why was that even possible? Why would he do that to himself and why that girl? She was there the first time they met. She did not seem important then. But now. This was ridiculous. Other than being angry when did she feel so upset?

Someone grabbed onto her hand. Before she could fight back she felt the electric sensation travel up her arm. She turned to face him.

"Let go."

"No."

She shoves him. "You've got some nerve."

He sighs stepping closer to her. "I wish I could have stayed away from you."

"You should start."

He cupped her cheek. "I have no intention to."

"Why?"

He leaned forward pressing his lips onto hers. A warm fire for more erupted between them but no one moved. The tension was building and her resistance broke. She grabbed onto the back of his neck and parted her lips pulling him in. Everything around them begins to spin as each second took them closer to the sky. The heat growing between them made her want to rip off all her clothes. They break apart amazed and out of breath.

"Why?" He asked.

They knew why. This was not something they could just ignore. This was going to become a problem. A problem each would risk just to feel and absorb each other with every chance. A problem that would cause one or both parties to get in trouble.

"There are obstacles in my way. It won't be like that for long."

She shakes her head. "Just stay away from me."

She took off. He slumped back onto the wall. She was right. He should stay away from her. It was selfish of him to want her to understand when he could not explain the reason why. She hated whatever he and Chloe supposedly had. But if she knew the truth.

"Do we fight what is fake for what is real? Who will hurt? Who will heal? The hearts, they matter. What do they feel?"

"Karyn. What do I do now?"

She looked at him, the pain behind this entire situation was unbearable. He did not deserve this now twisted fate he was tangled up in. The tragedy to come would be more devastating than anything he had faced.

"Live."