3

Tabbia

10 years later...

The crisp midnight black Mustang GT supercharger, purred beneath her as she sped down the highway. The song I don't wanna live forever by, Zayn, blasting through the speakers gave her the extra drive to keep her foot on the gas pedal while it drowned out the sounds of the sirens behind her. There was just something about this song that drove her to put it on repeat. It filled her with a sort of purpose she could not understand and right now, it was driving her past insane.

I just wanna keep calling your name, Until you come back home...

The line that resonated with her the most. There has always been a part of her, that felt like something was needed for her to be complete. Though she had no idea what it was. No matter what path she took she could never find it. It was impossible, yet every time she heard that one line. It felt meant for her. Like that was what she needed but who? Who was she supposed to be calling? Was it her that needed to go back home? Where was home? Why was this line so important and stressful? Why the hell were those police cars still behind her?

Goodness. Why was a little mindless night drive so important to them? Well, it had to be, since she was not the owner of the charger. She did not steal it either. Not when the car was unlocked and the keys were right next to it. It was rather obvious that whoever left it there permitted the next driver to go for a spin. None of it mattered anymore as she was close to her destination.

It did not matter. Nothing mattered anymore.

'til you come back home..'

There was no home. There was no love. There was no peace. She was stuck in a constant loop of pain and war. She always had to fight, to live, to be at peace, to do anything. She was tired and needed rest. And plunging herself off the Northside cliff was just the way to do it

Freedom was all she thought about when she ploughed through the already shifty fence. The sirens disappeared along with the road. The Rocky bed below drawing near with every second. All her flight instincts were kicking in but there was nowhere to go. This was it. She was going to die. Finally.

***********

Tristan

I don't wanna live, forever, cause I know I'll be living in vain...

There could be an upside to living forever. With the right ideals and strategy maybe even the right person to share it with. Living forever was not something he wanted to do anyway. His time here had already doused him with more misery than he would have liked.

The turning of an ignition filled his ears as a monster engine roared to life. He could feel excitement rushing through his body as his foot pressed on the gas pedal. There was nothing more thrilling than being behind the wheels of a fast car. The world could be going to hell but it would not matter because in that car it could all be left behind. Everything stopped and the only thing that mattered was the steady pace of one's heartbeat against the majestic purr of a smooth engine.

This drive, however, was different. Although fast-paced he could sense an ulterior motive to this drive. A driven need to give up and give in to the darkness. To let go of all the pain, life. Its grasp on him was strong and enough to pull him along and he wanted to go along.

Sirens flooded the background. This was also a high-speed chase? But why? What did he do this time and why did he forget? The rush of it all was sending his senses into overdrive. The end of the road was nearing, but he did not want to stop. He wanted to keep going. Instead of turning on the curve, he went straight through the fence skyrocketing the vehicle off a cliff and headfirst into wide open darkness. Shit.