The tension was so thick it could render a knife dull if anyone tried to cut it. What was to be a welcome back celebration. Turned into a stand off between the Alpha and his cowering pack members. Thorne Bale's rising anger was deadly and enough to kill, they all knew it. Any pack member facing him right now had to make sure it was for a decent purpose or else.

"Where is my son!" He boomed. 

A question nobody seemed to know how to answer when it was a simple one. He had gotten reports on Tristan's behaviour which had been nothing but vague. It was strange how no one seemed to know what Tristan was up to. He knew Tristan would skip the party but he was not on pack grounds. The one rule they had to respect was to be on pack lands by sunset.

School had ended over six hours ago and all the others had arrived. Except for Tristan. No one was brave enough to tell him this was Tristan's normal routine. Or that Tristan was so absent on pack grounds it was hard to keep track of him. They all neglected their watch of Tristan and now that Thorne was back they were all too ashamed to admit it. Keeping their minds locked so their alpha could not see how careless they were.

"I saw him leave with his friends." Corey Valdez answered. A smirk on his face. He revelled at the chance to get Tristan in trouble.

"What friends, everyone else is here!"

"Human friends, alpha."

Thorne clenched his fists. "Where did they go?"

"I don't know, sir."

"Are you not your brother's keeper!" He roared.

"Alpha, Tristan is very clever and evades all pack members out in the human territory," Corey stated. "All except for Chloe."

Chloe gulped afraid to look up. She managed to stay out of the alpha's line of sight until Corey opened his big mouth. Some brother he was. She was clueless just as much as anyone else. It has been months since she's hung out or talked with Tristan.

Thorne looked at her. "Well then where is he?"

Chloe, looked like she was about to soil herself. She gulped keeping her eyes glued to the floor. The anger radiating off him was suffocating. She could not deal with this kind of pressure.

"I don't know al...."

"Lie to me and I  will snap your neck."

 "I.. I... I tried to stop him, sir." She cried. "He wouldn't listen..." Even if she tried she could not stop the tears or the pitiful babbling that came afterwards. Even if he was being distant with her. She did not want him to get into trouble or be the one to rat him out. She would look out for Tristan no matter what.

In all her incoherentness she managed to mention party and Red crimson territory. To say that Thorne's anger intensified was an understatement. It went over the edge. Tristan had gone into enemy territory. He was in danger. What the hell was that boy thinking? With an angry snarl, he tore off his shirt and took off. Beta Hector and a few of the pack guards followed. It had been over six hours. If they had not captured Tristan by now they would soon. Crimson wolves did not let anyone get by freely in their territory and the worst part was the clans were at war. How could Tristan just walk into trouble like this?

They all shifted and crossed the valley. The Red crimson border came into view after twenty minutes of nonstop running. It did not surprise Thorne to see them waiting. They slowed down careful not to step over the boundary. He had to know Tristan was safe before starting a war.

Hunter Cole stood at the forefront of his small army. He could never handle any situation just himself. Arms crossed with a smug look on his face. Thorne growled, he hated that man's guts. One day he would rip that slimy mutt apart.