A Holiday with You. ( Chapter 8)

It's been a while since the club incident, and Achilles is back. He's been acting weird. Like.. trying to make conversation and buying me flowers.

I didn't talk much with him and I just accepted the flowers . I didn't give them water I just waited until they died. I wasn't falling for what ever he was trying to do.

Now today we were going on a holiday for spring break with his parents. The last time I saw them I was met with Asclepius by the bathroom door. I still think about that night at the club. I wish I could stop thinking about it though.

I'm hoping he isn't on this trip to Puerto Rico. I can't face him and I just know him being there is going to be awkward. The thought of him and what we did made me want to disappear. The constant anxious feeling of what if Achilles finds out. It all made me feel guilty but paranoid.

I tried to push those thoughts aside and finish packing. Achilles would be back for me any minute now.

............

We were now at the airport, I thought we would be catching a regular flight but being Achilles wife and him having parents like his. They had their own private plane. I've only been on it once, and that was to go to East Africa for our honeymoon.

We were awaiting his parents who came through the doors as soon as I said that. Behind them was Asclepius. My body froze. It was like every time I saw him he looked even better. As they walked up to us Achilles suddenly grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him.

I really wish he didn't do that.

His parents came up to us and surprisingly his mom hugged me. This was unusual. Why was everyone being weird? His dad even greeted me with a smile. Asclepius just stood behind them and stared at me. I looked away and waited for him to switch his gaze to someone else. We all walked to the gates and Achilles was no longer by my side. He walked in the back with his brother and left me up ahead with his mom.

We were now seated on the plane and Achilles had Asclepius sit with us. I wanted to die. I wanted the plane to just going crashing down. My heart was beating out of control. He sat right across from me. I could feel his eyes on me. I just kept my head down into the book I was 'supposedly' reading.

I was really hoping that he would stop staring so that Achilles won't think funny. Luckily just as I was thinking it Achilles broke the silence.

"So brother you must be familiar with Imani by now." He said slyly. It was weird.. his tone was weird.

"Yes I am, she opened up the door for me that night I came to see you." He was speaking to Achilles but I could tell that he was still looking at me.

"Isn't that right Imani....". My name lingered on his tongue. Making me look up. I swear to you I almost passed out right then and there. He looked so good, I didn't know what to do. His eyes were dark brown, almost black. And they were piercing into my soul.

"Uhh... yes". I said with a slight smile. I put my head back down in the book I was reading. I was really hoping that they wouldn't add me in the conversation.

"So when are you going to bring your girlfriend to one of our trips brother?" Achilles statement made me lift up my head. He had a girlfriend?!

Wait... but why should I care?

"I don't have a girlfriend." His voice was serious now, almost as if he was mad that Achilles would say that. Yet again his gaze was still on me. It was like he was reassuring me.

"Come on man when you gonna get some pussy in your life." Achilles laughed out loud.. by himself. Asclepius finally looked at him. I thought he was gonna choke him by the way he was staring at him. But he didn't.

" I see enough pussy's almost everyday. It's part of the job". He said with a slight smirk. Why was he smirking? And what is talking about seeing pussy everyday?!?! Achilles just laughed even more, I just continued reading.

........
I ended up falling asleep without even knowing it. I awoke in the middle of our flight to see Achilles gone. But Asclepius was still there. He was awake too. Watching me. Why was he watching me sleep? How long has he been here? I shifted in my seat to see if it would alert him that I was about to get up. But he still watched me intently. I eventually got up and locked eyes with him. We stared for a while like we always do.

I was about to get up, when he stopped me.

"I'm sorry for scaring you away that night". His voice sounded very sorry and guilty. He shouldn't feel like that because I kissed him. So basically this awkward situation was because of me.

"No you shouldn't be. I kissed you and panicked.. it's my fault. Can we put this past us?" I whispered out to him. My voice laced with sympathy. I quickly released my hand from his grip.

I walked to the restroom and stayed there for a while. I could already tell that this trip was going to be long and hard.

~Author's Note~

What do you guys think of this chapter?

What do you think might happen on this trip?👀👀