I need Peace. ( Chapter27)

"The baby is very healthy, so whatever you're doing keep it up. Make sure to take your vitamins on time, it plays a big part in the babies development and making sure that you stay healthy." The doctor who we've been seeing said.

She's been very helpful, and honestly I wished that her and I were friends so I could have someone to talk to. Her aura is just so calming.

"Okay, so when will be able to know the gender?" As mad as I was about being pregnant, the feeling grew on me. I felt needed for once. And I was going to do everything in my power to make sure my baby was safe.

"Well by your next appointment we should be able to know the gender. What are you guys hoping for?" She looked in between Asclepius and I.

"Well I'm hoping for a girl." I spoke up first. Asclepius just nodded in agreement.

He's been distant since I told him off. We've barely been talking. We don't even have dinner together anymore. Not that I'm complaining. I've also moved to a guest bedroom, because I just didn't feel safe around him.

Especially after I found his meds. It proved to me even more that this man didn't only go to the psych ward because he's obsessed with me, but he also tried to kill his parents. And set his family home on fire while everyone was asleep at just age 17.

Of course all of this was covered up because when you have money you can get away with anything. But of course my nosey ass found his documents. And the fact that he even kept them, made me wonder if he wanted me to see them.

I knew that I needed to get out of this hell hole before the baby was born. If he could do that to his own family. Imagine what he'd to me and this baby with the right motive.

To think that I even once considered loving this man made me sick.

.......

"Can you stop to a diner nearby? I'm in the mood for burgers." I spoke aloud with my head turned to the window.

I've definitely gained a few pounds since I've gotten pregnant. I wasn't ashamed though. For once I felt genuinely good in my own skin.

This baby was making such an impact on me even without being physically here.

.....

"I'll have two cheese burgers, a small side of fries. A vanilla shake, and pickles on a separate plate with salt on it." I said while handing the menu back to the waiter. I've definitely started having weird cravings, but who am I to judge my baby?

"And for you sir?" The waitress turned to Asclepius. Her voice seductive, but he didn't pay her any mind.

"I'll just have a steak, medium-rare, side with fries and a zero sugar sprite." He said not making eye contact. He passed the menu to her.

I watched as she went to the back and her and a few of the other workers started giggling and jumping. I could tell they were teenagers.

If only they knew.

We sat in silence for a while.

We both were lost in our phones, completely ignoring each other. I knew that the few people in here could see the hatred radiating off of us.

Well mostly me.

I rest my phone down, and made the announcement I was sure that I was going to have to tell him soon.

"Aphrodite is coming over soon... well more like tomorrow." This quickly got his attention. His phone was quickly put to the side and he stared at me with his eyebrows in a knot.

"Who?" He asked, a hint of rudeness in his tone.

"Aphrodite my best friend. I'm sure you know of her if you've been stalking me for so long." I replied back. Catching him off guard.

"Why didn't you inform me sooner?"He seemed frustrated, his voice low but I could hear the anger grow in his tone.

"Well she is. I need to be able to feel safe around someone. Don't I?" I questioned.

Before he could get another word out the waitress came back with our drinks.

"Here you guys go, I'll be back shortly with your food." She turned on her heels.

"Look, I sworn to keep you safe. There's no need to doubt it." He inched closer making me move back in my seat.

"Is that so? How will I know that you won't randomly black out and set our house on fire and kill me and my child? Hmm? Tell me that. I did trust you, but you messed with a broken woman. And I'm not gonna let anyone break me anymore. Now like I said Aphrodite is coming tomorrow, and she's staying until I feel safe again." I whispered out to him. I really wished that this Imani would've come out sooner. Maybe I wouldn't have been so easy.

"Hmm? Aren't you already a baby killer? What happened to the first cunt you carried? Maybe you're the one I should be worried about." His face was straight. He held no emotion in his voice what so ever.

How dare he bring up my abortion? It was completely out of my control. He was holding that against me?!

"Excuse me? You can go fuck your self. My child has nothing to do with you. I hope you die a slow painful and agonizing death. And when you do I will rejoice everyday. You crazy mother fucker." And with that I left the diner. Grabbing the keys from the table.

I burst through the doors, I heard his footsteps follow.

I pressed the button and watched as the car lit up specifying that the car had been unlocked.

Before I could pull the door handle open he grabbed my arm and pushed me up against the car.

"What is your problem? Can't you just forgive me and move on?! I changed your life for the better! You ungrateful bitch!" His words took me and him aback. I was so fed up that I spat in his face.

"Take that and shove it up your ass!" I pushed him off me and sat in the car.

I watched as he wiped the spit from his face. He got in with an angry look on his face.

We sped home, and got inside the house.

He pushed me up against the wall.

"Are you gonna hit me? I dare you! Do it! Let's see how much of your brother you are. Now I know where he got it from." He kept me pressed up against it. His chest heaving up and down.

"Do it-!"

"I'm not gonna fucking hit you!" He put me down.

"I regret ever meeting you. I wish you were dead already! I wish you stayed away..." I ran to my room. Locking the door.

I was distraught, I cried myself to sleep. I knew what I needed to do.

Even if it put a life sentence on me.

~Author's Note~

Sorry for being away for so long guys. Here's a new chapter. I had a little bit of writers block. So I hoped this redeemed me for being away for so long.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.