Wrong Decisions. ( Chapter 24)

"How long have you been tracking me." I said my voice serious and clearly upset.

I've approached him, he knew I found out. So why try to hide it?

"Since I bought you the car." His head was hung low in shame, his voice low.

"You lied to me, you told me it was any easy find. You promised me you were different from him. Why do this?!Why break our trust?!" I screamed out at him. I was furious, I had thought all this time that he wouldn't have lied to me.

He didn't reply his head still hung low.

"Tell me... do you really not know who sent me that message that night. And who messed with my car?" Asclepius was so concerned for me that I knew it was crazy of me to ask him this. I just didn't know who to possibly blame.

He still said nothing. Did he think that I was playing the quiet game or something?

"Asclepius answer me. You never have nothing to say. Why so quiet now?" My voice dominated the entire house. I didn't care if the neighbors heard, I just wanted answers.

"It was all a test honey. You reacted the way I wanted you to. I became the only person you could run to. I knew you would find the tracker, and I knew it would come down to this. The message. The car. It was all me. Your my damsel in distress." He looked up at me, a smirk spread across his face.

'What the actual fuck?'

"Wha- how did you?" I was lost for words. Just when I thought this family couldn't get worse.

"It was easy. I've known you for a while Imani, you just didn't know me...until now." He had this crazy look in his eyes. In that moment all I heard was 'run'. But I couldn't move, my body frozen like ice or as if I was stuck in time.

"Let me explain. Maybe it's time you get to know your future husband." He sat up, his back pressed against the island chair, he's arms folded across his chest.

"I noticed you on campus at college. The day after orientation. I was sending Achilles off. You were sat under a tree with a book in your hand, I was intrigued the moment I saw you. The way the sun made your skin look like honey in its light, and the way your hair was wrapped. You look so....interesting. 'A new obes... friend' I thought. But I made the wrong mistake. I showed you to Achilles. He got in my way. You were his for a few years I should say now. But I watched you everyday. I learned your schedule. I watched you while you worked at that daycare, up until you moved to that pre-school. I watched you get married. And I watched him beat you."  His voice held no emotion. He spoke as if this was all normal. Only a crazy person does such a thing.

I was caught up in my thoughts. This shit was not okay. I pulled my chair out a bit, incase shit went left.

"Hey, it's no use. If I wanted to hurt you, I would've a long time ago. Just listen carefully.... As I was saying, that night I came to the door it was my first day out of the psychiatric hospital. My brother had found out I was watching you and went running to mommy and daddy...like he always did. I agreed to go. I thought maybe I did need the help. But as soon as I got out, my need for you grew. That night at the club when we kissed. I followed you and your friend there. I played it cool. I saw something in your eyes that said you wanted me too. On the trip when we went to look for Achilles I pulled him aside and told him to beat you. That's how I got you here now. He knows we're here. He wouldn't dare interfere he knows what I'm capable of." He went on, and on. I've been sleeping with the enemy. I was so confused. How could I have been so stupid.

"Yes, I told him to beat you. You can hate me even more now.I told him that if you weren't mine by that morning I would just expose him. And show the public your marks. I knew how desperate you were for a helping hand so I let you take my bait. I made sure we would go somewhere far from anyone you knew. So that it could just be me and you. Forever. I knew eventually your intuition would catch up to you, and you would become suspicious of me. Everything that happened was all me. That's what I do when I'm in love." He leaned in closer. He chin in his hands, his elbows pressed hard against the table. That stupid smile still spread across his face.

I needed to get out of here.

"Asclepius we need a break. I need time to think this over. You've hurt me more than Achilles did over the last few years in just one night." I barely knew what to say. I was hurt, my heart shattered.

"I don't do breaks. We stay here and talk it out.You'll come around." And with that he left the table.

I just sat there. I waited until he ascended up the stairs, and ran for the door. I swung it open and ran.

Before I knew it I felt this huge impact on me. I was on the ground. Before I could scream his hand was covering my mouth. He rolled us over and dragged me into the house. I kicked but he was stronger than I had imagined.

A white cloth was then placed over my mouth and nose. Then everything went black.

........

Running.

Bushes....forest.

The ocean...

There she stood.

I saw it once again.

..........

~Author's Note~

What do we think?

I know we loved Asclepius but it was obvious he was too good to be true. Sadly this book is coming to an end but I've made up my mind to write a new one after this.

I hope we're all still holding on and enjoying this. 🫶🏿