(Chapter 31)

Any day now. My baby would be here any day now.

It was raining out. We had brought in the new year, and all had seem to be going smoothly. Asclepius was home more than usual after we got the okay that the baby would be here soon.

Aphrodite by my side through it all as well. I recalled every event of my life. The good and the bad. I wanted to capture every single detail and moment as if it were going to be my last.

I prayed every day for forgiveness. Some days I wanted to just forget about the plan. Other days like this the plan was the only thing I could think about going through with.

I was going to deliver my baby alone. Without Aphrodite there or Asclepius. I wanted to savor it. They would get their chance. I wrote to my mom and Achilles. The letter is set to reach them in six weeks time. Enough time to finalize that everything went as planned.

Bit by bit, everyday I dreaded that soon the time will come where I would have to do the best worst thing ever in my sorrowful life. I was hurting. This wasn't in my nature. But I had to. I must do it.

.............

There it is. My water broke. I wasn't in any pain as of yet. I cleaned it up.

"I'll be right back guys. I want to get something from the shop. I won't be long." I said as I made my way out and into my car.

I saw as they waved me goodbye. As if it were the last.

I turned off my location.

..

"Okay I'm going to need you to push. She is ready." The nurse said as she held my hand.

Sweat trickled down my forehead. Some part of me regretted doing this alone.

"AGHHHH!" I screamed as I felt her body begin to slid down.

Again and again I pushed. Every time they said one more they didn't mean it.

Then I heard her cries. And so I cried. I did it. I finally accomplished something.

.......

"Is there anyone we can call?" The same nurse came up to me.

She's an hour old now.

"No not yet." I turned my phone off, I knew they were probably scared right now.

Another hour passed.

"You can call this number now (###/####)." I said before she left the room.

I held my baby in my arms and watched as she held onto my thumb. She fell asleep after I fed her.

.....

Asclepius was currently holding her. He looked different. He looked more careful and trusting. Aphrodite just held my hand the whole time they were here.

I guess she sensed that something was wrong.

I tried my best not to show it.

.....

A week later

We're home and Asclepius has been attached to her like glue. She has his eyes. And my nose. She doesn't cry much unless she's hungry or wants to be changed. And she sleeps mostly all day.

I've been taking so man pictures with her and I, printing them out so that she'll have them when she's older.

I planned out her first birthday party. So that Aphrodite can have an idea of what to do.

And I also set aside her 18TH birthday gift. A necklace with a picture of us in it.

I didn't care if she didn't understand me. I talked to her everyday. And because she wasn't seeing color yet. I described everything to her.

We've gotten her to sleep in her crib. She isn't fussy at all about it. So much has happened in just one week.

......

We'll miss you baby.

~Author's Note~

Another chapter up. I'll be uploading the last few hopefully tonight.

I appreciate the votes and comments.

🫶🏿