03 || edge

song : High Enough - K. Flay
tw : sexual harassment & violent, self destructive behaviors.

~ Alejandra ~

I smile to myself as I walk down the hall to make my way to the Dean's office.

That probably shouldn't have amused me as much as it did, but that perv deserved it.

The Dean's office is on the fourth floor, meaning I have to travel up three flights to get there.

After running up the stairs to make up for the lost gym period, I reach my designated floor, out of breath.

I should really work out more.

I exit the stairwell and head past a few empty rooms before entering the main office.

There's one office lady at the front desk when there's usually two, but I don't pay any mind to it since the one at the desk is my favorite.

Mrs. Dickson.

She's a beautifully tanned woman with honey brown eyes and dark brown hair. She's twenty seven -I think - and her maiden name was Sanchez before she got married last spring.

She's a really sweet lady and is actually great company when waiting for the Dean to call you into his office.

"Good morning Mrs. Dickson." I greet her with a smile as I lean my arms on her desk.

She smiles back at me and I can't help but notice how radiant her skin looks.

"Hey sweetie, what can I do for you?"

"Well..." I begin, not knowing how to tell her I'm in trouble on the first day.

She raises her brows and a knowing look crosses her face as she reads my mind.

"Here to seen Mr. Anderson?"

Dean Anderson.

I guiltily smile and she tips her head downward, giving me an unamused stare.

"Hun, it's the first day. What did you do?" She asks in a disbelieving and annoyed voice, picking up the phone at the head of her desk.

She begins dialing Anderson to let him know there's a student waiting to see him.

"This one wasn't my fault." I attempt to reason with her but she just sends me a glare in response, holding the plastic phone to her ear.

I awkwardly tap the desk and look around the room, waiting for Anderson to pick up the phone.

"Mr. Anderson? Hi, there's a student here to see you." She looks back up at me and I send her a small smile to ease the tension.

She rolls her eyes and shakes her head with a half amused smirk on her face, continuing on the phone.

"Alejandra Martinez."

Her response indicates that he wants to know who the hell is here at this time on the first day.

"Mhm. Of course, I'll send her in now. Alright bye bye."