06 || unlucky fuckery

song : Sex, Drugs, Etc. - Beach Weather

~ Alejandra ~

School has been alright so far. Granted, I can't recall most of it since the first day in all honesty.

It's all a blur.

All I know is that the first week and a half has already gone by with October around the corner and things have been how they normally are.

Lowery is still a douche, I've been steering clear of the courtyard during all hours of the day and I haven't spoken a word to my psychology partner since that amazing first day of school.

We stay at our ends of the desk and once the bell rings, I'm out the door.

We don't make so much as eye contact with one another, not even to do the daily question we're given about the lesson at the beginning of class.

While everyone discusses with their partner, we stay as far away from each other as possible.

He doesn't even do the work. Even from my end of the desk, I can tell that he's doodling something instead of doing the assignments.

I shouldn't really speak since I do the exact same thing, but still.

I just know this year is gonna suck.

This is going to be - by far - my worst year of high school all because of some crime loving lunatic.

Everyday since I was partnered with him, I recall that first Wednesday whenever I take my seat to the left of him.

All throughout psych, I spent my time trying to ignore the boy seated next to me. It was like an evil presence that I couldn't escape.

So eager to leave, I even started putting my books away before the bell rang.

Ten whole minutes before.

Once it did, I wasted no time grabbing my bag and bolting out the door while the boy in question took his time at our shared desk.

Nayah was at some club thing so I didn't bother waiting for her by the lockers.

A club thing on the very first day of school really isn't unusual for Nayah.

I just left the school and sped-walked to my job at the local supermarket on avenue D. It's not that close to where I live, but the one closest to the projects wasn't hiring.

I've been working at that place for a while now. Ever since freshman year, being paid off the books. I got my working papers this year so now I work for minimum wage.

The people there are actually really nice. My boss even says that I'm his best cashier even though I'm the youngest there. But that day, I couldn't even enjoy it.

Any of it.

My stomach was rushing with a new feeling that I can't explain.

This kid cut me, threatened my life and less than two hours later, I get seated with him for a semester?

Life is such a bitch.

I can't even transfer out of the class because I'd have to give a legit reason.

Saying he cut me after I tried to buy drugs off his friends isn't exactly an option. Plus, I don't want to look like I'm scared of him.

I'm not.

I just don't want to be near him.

I was so spaced out just thinking about all of it that my boss sent me home four fucking hours early.