13 || too easy

~ Alejandra ~

"Are you insane?!"

My face scrunches in discomfort at the volume which my best friend is shrieking at over my mental state.

"Have you met me?"

Her face hardens, obviously not finding me funny but, in retrospect, it wasn't really a joke.

I'm a little crazy. It's not a secret.

"Why is she freaking out?" Ziek asks while approaching us, fresh out of the locker room for P.E.

Nayah's brows furrow.

"Who says I'm freaking out?" She crosses her arms in defense to ask and he smirks.

"I think New Zealand just heard you yelling about her insanity." He chuckles. Nayah doesn't find it funny.

"That's because she's insane!"

"She's standing right here." I raise my hand to interject into the conversation, causing her to snap her head back to face me. 

"Fine. You're insane. It's not happening."

With her new declaration, she walks off, beginning the laps for warm up.

"She goes off by herself as if she has any other friends." I mutter, and Ziek laughs before we start running to catch up with her.

"What's got her so worked up anyways?"

I sigh at his question.

After my confrontation with Gabriel, he decided to turn the tables by being the one who hasn't been in class. And, for reasons I can't figure out, it bothered me.

He didn't get to hide out after the shit he pulled on me.

Over the course of the weekend, I found myself falling deeper into my insanity than usual by walking into the building I woke up in after the party, trying to find out where he was.

I just wanted to yell at him for being such a pussy.

The doorman was different from the one who saw me leaving, so he had an issue with letting me past the lobby.

Instead of a young looking guy with dark skin, a clean shave and a crisp suit, I was met by an older gentleman. A big built, middle aged Latino in the same type of suit, but much less lenient looking.

I asked if he could just tell me if Gabriel would be back soon and a look of confusion filled his face. After a second of merely staring at me, he finally told me.

"Señor Santiago doesn't live here. He stays here off and on, but this isn't his direct residence."

Surprise and suspicion filled me.

Nobody in this neighborhood has more than two residences, especially not one in a building of this magnitude.

I guess there really is more to this kid.

I asked the man if he could give me a different address, but he completely refused and told me to leave.

Stubbornly, I was forced to come up with another plan and I did.

Those three favors Nayah offered?

I still have two left.

"Yeah, that's a little insane." Ziek offers from besides me. I roll my eyes.

"She doesn't even have to do the hard part."

It's not like I asked her to go into the office like a spy kid and steal a file. I only asked her to get Anderson out of his office and distract him long enough for me to go in and get the file myself.