22 || gesture of good faith

~Gabriel~

Shit is getting out of hand. Severely out of fucking hand.

I don't know why or how things managed to get so royally fucked up in the matter of a week, but they did.

With me involved, it's just a given.

Ever since that face off with the W12 boys, I've been on blast.

Hearing lecture after lecture, bitching after bitching from my father's men about police keeping us under surveillance again, about the trouble I caused by single handedly going up against a group in broad daylight in their territory.

Oh, but what really got them going was the fact that they heard about a girl with a pretty smart mouth accompanying me during this incredibly unfortunate situation.

Said girl almost got both of us killed and on top of that, she's been making some pretty loose comments about shit that she shouldn't.

All this in front of other people.

It's like she's trying to get me, herself and everyone else killed along with her.

It doesn't take a psychologist to see that the girl has some pretty apparent impulse issues, and it doesn't take even a fish five minutes with her to see that she has no filter.

Regardless of her terrible personality, Cartels aren't something you play around with. You'd think with her Colombian heritage, she'd be more aware of that.

Is it my fault for telling her anything at all? For keeping her around even though I know she's got a lot more nerve that just another scared civilian?

Sure, maybe a little.

But with that type of information, she should know to keep her damn mouth shut.

Yet, I keep forgetting that Alejandra Martinez isn't the type to play by anyone's rules, not even Latin Mafia rules.

I told her to stay quiet, but she had to go and disrespect everyone, me included, right in front of the guys we were supposed to be shutting down.

Look, if it were under different circumstances, I wouldn't give a shit if she spoke to them like that. Hell, I would've too.

The way they were looking at her, talking to her, the way Dom kissed her fucking hand? I wanted to pull out my revolver and shoot him right then and there, simply because they're scum.

Guys like that would taint an already ruined soul and while I may not have the cleanest conscience, no one else gets to ruin her.

But still, there's a time and place. Alejandra doesn't understand that.

I don't know how the fuck she's made it this far without getting killed, honestly. All I know is that if I don't get a hold on her, she's gonna ruin shit even more than she already has.

Despite all my fucking anger at her, I have to find a way to get on her good side.

See, I should just kill her.

I'd love to put an end to both of our sufferings through her death, but I can't. It would draw too much attention to an already heated situation.

I can't have that.

So, now I have to do stupid shit like make fucking amends with her or whatever the fuck.

I have no idea how to do that.

"Gabriel! Come play with us!" Bea calls to me from one of the arcade games a few feet away.

Her birthday was in early November, and she really wanted to go to the arcade. I wasn't able to take her out since there were guys keeping tabs on me around that time when I was stirring shit up with the W12 crew.