Red and White Rose

It was a beautiful Saturday morning. Not only that by it was Eret and Astrid's two month anniversary! Astrid was making it a huge deal while Eret just went along with everything that she planned.

"It's just two months, Astrid." He said.

"Just two months. Every month is important!"

"Not really." Eret muttered.

------------------------.

Astrid and Eret were by the beach at sunset and close. A little too close.

"You know," Astrid said. "We've been dating for two months and we still haven't had our first real kiss yet."

"Really?" Eret replied.

"Yeah. But let's change that." Astrid closed her eyes, pursed her lips and leaned in. She expected Eret to play along, grabbing her waist and pulling her in close, but that never seemed to happen. After a few seconds of feeling nothing on her lips, Astrid opened her eyes to see Eret with a disappointed look on his face.

"Astrid," He said. "I really like you but...by being with you...I'm hurting someone I really care about...someone I really love."

"It's Pen. Isn't it?" Astrid said.

He sighed. "I just...don't feel that she deserves to be hurt so badly. I'm so sorry, I-"

"No, no, it's ok. I understand. You love her. You did from the beginning. That was clear."

Eret smiled. "Thank you...for understanding."

Astrid hugged him and whispered in his ear; "But I'll be the one to make the wedding dress."

---------------.

Pen had gotten home at 1:00. She walked up to find the usual flower on her doorstep. But this one seemed different. It was a white and red rose.

The words; "Look behind you." Were written on the note.

She turned around to see her best friend standing in front of her.

"Eret?!" She blurt out.

"Yeah,"

"You were leaving the flowers and the notes?!"

He nodded. He took both of her hands and said; "Listen Pen, I just have to say that I'm sorry. I was blind to overlook you and not spend time with you. I shouldn't have ignored you when you were upset but the more you cried, the more I realized," He put his hand on her cheek. "You are...so beautiful...even when you're crying. You have the most...amazing heart and I can't believe that I couldn't see that for so long." He said as he looked into Pen's eyes.

"So...what you're saying is...?"

"I love you."

He leaned in close and kissed her. He saved his first kiss for the girl that meant the most to him.

--------------------.

Sorry that was a short chapter but it was important. Believe it or not guys, this the second to last chapter of this ENIRE BOOK! Can you believe that?! I can't! But remember; there's still one more chapter to go!