Chapter 1

"Hey, wake up!"

"What?" A brown skin, long-haired, black-eyed teen, said as he felt his body falling through what felt like the sky. Yet when he opened his eyes, he'd noticed that it wasn't the sky at all. He was sitting in the middle of a field and his head felt like someone was constantly pounding on it. "Am I going crazy?" he thought while holding his head.

"Are you ok?" the voice from before said which caused him to turn around and he was face-to-face with a woman with greyish-black eyes. He found his eyes drifting down to her lips, then down to her clothing and he instantly turned his head.

"Where am I?" the teen questioned while looking off in whatever direction he could to avoid looking at the beautiful woman nearly standing above him.

The woman sat up straight and narrowed her eyes at him.

"You're in Elemental Oasis. Specifically, you're in the Dark Region in a town called Hallowfield," she explained with her hands on her hips. From his perspective, she looked older than he did, but not by much.

"Elemental Oasis? That sounds like a game title," he thought.

"Are you going to introduce yourself to the person that just saved you?" the woman said, with an angry expression on her face.

Her words hit his ears and he immediately raised an eyebrow until he saw her pointing behind him. As he turned around, he noticed that there was a stream of water behind him that wasn't moving fast at all. The water seemed cool and refreshing but as he continued to stare at it, he noticed that his clothes were also wet even though he had no memory of getting wet at all.

"I can't remember anything," he thought to himself as his eyes dropped down to his feet. "Why can't I remember who I am?" His thoughts continued to race for the endless reasons and possibilities for his amnesia. He wanted to ask the robot, but he felt embarrassed not knowing who it was.

Suddenly it hit him like a train.

"It doesn't matter who I was anymore because I'm here right now. What if I was a terrible guy which is why I don't remember who I am anymore? What if I just had a terrible life and the trauma caused me to lose my memory? Regardless, this is a chance for me to start over. Become someone new and start from-"

"Zero," he said as he looked up at the woman in front of him. For some reason, he felt like he had gained a lot of confidence just from saying a name. A name that meant nothing, still, he felt relieved that he got it. "My name is Zero."

"Zero?" the woman said with a confused look on her face. Eventually, she let out a sigh and stuck out her hand. "My name is Arza. I'm not really from here but I heard that there are plenty of good quests around here, so me and my party decided to come along."

"Quests? Parties? This sounds exactly like a game, but it doesn't feel like a game at all. What is going on?"

Zero nodded his head and pretended like he knew what she was talking about.

"Were you trying to kill yourself or something? I'm worried that your HP might have gotten a little low, but my sister went into the town to get some potions for you. Your inventory was completely empty when we got here."

"My inventory?" Zero said out loud then mentally slapped himself for the mistake that he'd just made. He searched his brain to find an excuse to make so that he could cover up his mistake but nothing was coming to him. After a few more milliseconds of trying to come up with an excuse, he let it go and decided to just let things play out.

Arza looked at him for a second before turning away slightly. "Don't get the wrong idea," she said then turned back toward Zero and smiled at him. "You were passed out so we didn't know what to do. We had run out of healing potions a few days ago and found you laying in that stream with your face in the water. We just checked to see if you had any health potions to heal you up. We aren't bandits," she explained.