Chapter 7

Dungeon of III: Part II

Some of the adventurers got scared from what the sign said except for Devin, Zero, and C-dot teams who proudly, with no fear, went in front of one the paths and went into the one they were in front of,as they walked in different parties would walk right behind them hoping that they made the right decision, but little did they know they were all in for what the dungeon as for them.

Left Path...

With Devin by himself, two other teams walked down the large hallway that shrunk the further it went down.

Devin took one step onto the path and as his foot stepped on a singular tile, it slightly sank into the ground. Suddenly a large hatch opened up on the ceiling and a massive snake fell onto the ground, instantly charging at the teams. A berserker with orange hair foolishly retaliated by charging at it also. The snake lifted its body as if it was standing up, opened its mouth and shot venom from its long fangs. The venom hit the berserker in the face and he screamed as his face melted from his skull. The snake swiftly dropped its mouth on top of the berserker and swallowed him whole. The bulge of his body could be seen slowly descending on the outside of the snake as it loudly hissed at the remaining adventurers.

"Holy shit, f#ck this. I'm out of here," the berserker's team said as they ran back to another path.

Devin shook his head as he watched the group run away. " I guess I have to be a savior once again," Devin thought as he charged towards the serpent. Devin ran in a zigzag pattern, dodging the venom being shot at him. As he got closer, the snake dropped its head in an attempt to swallow Devin also. He jumped towards the snake's head just before its mouth hit the ground, slashing one of the snake's eyes with an arm blade. The serpent deafeningly hissed in pain as it lashed its body around.

"This is the perfect opportunity, ATTACK!" a mage from a team of mages said as they all fired different colored balls of energy from their wands and staffs at the large serpent. The energy balls did little damage to the snake but they succeeded in changing its attention towards them. The snake coiled its body and propelled itself through the air towards the group. "Keep firing!" the leading mage desperately said as he frantically shot the energy balls. "I hope this works for their sake," Devin thought as the soles of his shoes began to become inflamed. With a burst of flames combusting from under his feet, Devin propelled himself upwards towards the snake's underbelly with his arm blade; slicing the snake as it continued to glide through the air. [- 7EP]

The serpent's carcass fell to the ground in front of the mage group as its innards slid out of the incision. Devin reached inside of the snake's body and pulled out the orange haired berserker, with the bone of his skull slightly showing through his liquefied face. His clothes were slightly burned from the digestive fluid of the snake. The group of mages quickly  ran over to his body. "Impossible! He is still breathing!" a mage said with his hand close to his mouth. He waved his wand around and the tip started to shine green. "Healzompillopus!" he screamed as he shot a green mist onto the berserker's face. Devin's eyes widened as he witnessed the berserker's face heal in front of him. Just as the berserker's nose grew back, he lifted his hand and grabbed Devin's shirt, pulling him closer. "You should've let me die," the berserker said as he passed out.

"So much for gratitude. Leave his ass," X-bot said as he appeared.

"Where does this robot come from?" Devin thought. Slightly confused at X-bot arrival, the group of adventures continued further into the dungeon.