Chapter 2

Stage One

Zero looked at his map and noticed a green dot on it, indicating his next location. Jage had given him the map so that he could get everyone to the right destination. He found the map extremely easy to read and was able to maneuver through the prairie without any problems. He even managed to keep a good distance between the group and every other monster that roamed the land. Quickly he ran over in the direction of the green dot and it led him to a graveyard filled with multiple dead-looking creatures.

[New Quest Unlocked: Defeat the ghouls 0/10]

He noticed that he could see right through the creatures at the graveyard, yet it looked like a zombie. "Jage, is that a ghoul?"

"Yes. Watch out, if he hits you it'll do decay damage."

"Decay damage?"

Jage nodded. "These ghouls are on level 9 so if you're dangerous, you'll survive. If you aren't then you'll die."

"Sounds like I'll die anyway," Zero said while clenching his jaws. He had no idea how he'd gotten himself into this situation but he knew that he wanted to leave as soon as possible.

"If you die, we won't kill you," Jage said while crossing his arms.

Zero sighed, then nodded, and focused on his new enemies. "Damnit Jage, that doesn't even make sense." He rushed toward one of the ghouls as fast as he could and he noticed the ghoul's attack. It was slow so he sidestepped, but slipped on the grass beneath him and slid a few feet back.

Quickly, he tried to get up but something hit him in the back which caused him to flinch as the pain coursed through his body and his health dropped down from 79 to 70. When he turned around, he noticed an entire line of ghouls that all seemed to have the same desire in mind. It was a simple and animalistic desire that knew only destruction and their target was clear.

It was Zero.

Zero dodged attack after attack, but he noticed his health go down from 70 to 67. It didn't take him long to learn that the damage done over time was about 3 damage while the damage done from a regular attack was 9 damage.

"I think you would do so much better if you'd attack something," Jage said as he cut through a wandering ghoul that had made its way toward him.

"Shut up!" Zero said, then slashed his sword straight through a ghoul. A green liquid that smelled of rotten flesh had managed to land on Zero's clothing and he nearly threw up but he managed to hold it back.

[1/10] The quest read as all of the ghouls stood there, seemingly scared of the learning Zero. As the teen noticed the green liquid on his clothing, something had woken up inside of him and Jage narrowed his eyes. The teen felt excited despite the horrible-smelling liquid that was on his shirt.

Dashing towards them, he pulled his sword back and slashed threw a few more ghouls before just barely dodging an attack. [5/10].

With a smile on his face, Zero dashed toward a ghoul, grabbed his arms, and slammed him down to the ground. He pushed his sword straight through the ghoul's head. [Crit 35 damage].

"Burst slash!" Zero shouted mentally, then faster than ever Zero dashed into the remaining ghouls and with a single slash, his sword went through all of the ghouls and split them completely in half. [45 Damage].

[Level up! New level 3] [4 Upgrade points added].

[Quest Complete: Defeat the Ghouls!] [+1000 EXP].

[Level up! New level 4] [2 Upgrade points added] [New Ability Unlocked: Fury Combo]