Chapter 4

The Mysterious Six

[Level up! New Level: 10]

[2 Attribute points added]

[New Skill Unlocked: Stalk- Allows the user to disappear into the shadows until the user decides to move]

Name: Zero

Species: Human

Class: Assassin

Level: 10

Rank: E Rank

Guild:

EP: 12 Str:18 Int: 22

Def:11 Agi: 22 Luk: 11

Hp: 96

Upgrade Points: 0

Abilities: Basic Sword attack (LVL 1), Basic blade attack (LVL 1), Fury Combo (LVL 1)

Special Abilities: Burst Slash, Phase, Stalk

Elemental Ability: Shadow

"We've been questing for 2 days straight with almost no progress in our levels," Till said as he sat at a coffee table inside a small coffee shop at the edge of town. He hadn't taken a single sip of his coffee, instead, he twisted and turned the cup while also watching how the liquid danced around the tip of the cup. Teasing spilling over but somehow managing to stay in the cup.

"Speak for yourself," Zero said while taking a bite out of a doughnut he had ordered. "I went from level 5 to 10."

Till rolled his eyes. "I'm quite impressed. We're wasting our time leveling up. We need to go after the guy who made me poor."

"We will, just be patient," Zero said as he took another bite out of his doughnut and lowered his arm to allow his watch to turn off. He'd been adding his attribute points to his stats the entire time they had been waiting for their orders and he was satisfied with how they looked.

"Be patient?" Till asked. "You want us to keep going on these useless quests while that bastard is out there scamming people?"

"Yes."

"No," Till said with a confused look on his face. "What is your plan?"

Zero raised an eyebrow. "You think I'm planning something?"

Till nodded. "I can see it in your eyes. The way you keep looking around and watching everything so closely, it's hard not to notice now that I'm around you so much. Have you always been like this?"

Zero shook his head and his eyes fell to the ground. "Honestly these last few days I've been feeling like a totally different person. To tell you the truth, I do have a plan."

"What's that?" Till asked.

"The guy you're talking about doesn't work alone and it's clear."

"How do you know? I only saw him and he's the one that beat me down for all my money, weapons, and gear."

Zero nodded. "He has way too much money to do something like this by himself. If you had that much money, why would you just give it away to someone else when you could upgrade all your weapons and do it yourself?"

"Probably do it myself now that I think about it," Till answered.

"Exactly," said Zero while taking another bite. "Right now my plan is simple. Earn enough money so that I can become a partner of his. From what you've told me, he was looking for someone to do that dungeon quest which could have two meanings. One, he knows that dungeon is so hard to beat that it'll be impossible to hold up your end of the deal. He takes your stuff, steals your money, and puts you in a position where you will die without having a single thing. Second, he's willing to spend that much money because whatever is in that dungeon holds value way more than what he's giving you."