Chapter 3: Solitude of Despair

In order to play the soundtrack while reading, go on the browser version of wattpad. It is worthit.

Universe-838, Westview
16 Months Ago

As Wanda was standing in front of her children, they were in utter fear, hiding behind the stairs. She was completely heartbroken after she realized what she had become, looking at the horror in their faces.

Billy & Tommy: (Crying) Please don't hurt us.

Shocked at what they just told her, she looked at them in sorrow.

The Scarlet Witch: I would never hurt you... Never. I would never hurt... anyone. I'm not a monster... I'm...

At that moment she was struck with the realization that she has become the very thing people feared her to be. The very thing she never wanted people to see her as. She reflects on all the horrible things she did as the Scarlet Witch.

Seeing the fear in her children's eyes, and realizing what she has become, the Darkhold immediately lost its control over her. Taking back her agency. Something no other person was ever capable of. It was a belief that anyone who read the darkhold, was lost forever. But Wanda did the impossible. She became herself again... She became Wanda again.

She saw Billy and Tommy run to see if their real mother, Wanda from Universe-838 (Wanda#2), was okay. In that moment, Wanda realized that they were not truly hers. They did not love her.

She was horrified at what she has done as she fell down onto her knees, weeping. At long last she finally just gave up... The other Wanda saw the pain she was in and felt a strong empathy for her. She then slowly walked towards her.

She touched Wanda on her cheek and they formed a psychic connection with each other

She touched Wanda on her cheek and they formed a psychic connection with each other. Wanda#2 started to remember all the tragic things that our Wanda had endured. The loss of her parents, traumatic childhood, feeling at fault for the destruction of her home town and the death of her brother... The incident at Lagos... being shunned and feared by everyone except Vision, the death of Vision... Westview... Wanda#2 realized that every single nightmare she ever had, was the life of this Wanda sitting in front of her, crying. Suddenly she feels a deep sorrow for her. She sheds a tear while looking at Wanda sitting on the floor.

 She sheds a tear while looking at Wanda sitting on the floor