Chapter 10: Betrayals

Universe-838
Baxter Building

After Doctor Strange woke up from the dream about Wanda's life, he knew that everything he just witnessed would drastically change him. He was instantly not the same as he was just moments ago before he entered the dream. After reliving the life of someone he never really understood or connected with (Wanda), a part of him, essentialy became that person. He suddenly understood Wanda on a level only she herself could understand. Not even Vision understood her on this level. Wanda#2 had these exact thoughts going through her mind as she sat on the bed, completely shell shocked. The heroes of universe-838 standing around them are Iron Man (Tom Cruise), Wolverine (Hugh Jackman), Beast, Cyclops, Magneto (Michael Fassbender), Doctor Doom, Bruce Banner (Eric Bana) and Baron Mordo.

Wanda#2: (Looks at Tony) You're making a mistake...

Iron Man: I'm sorry?

Wanda#2: I said you're making a mistake.

Iron Man: And what is that supposed to mean?

Strange was still bothered about the first dream he had, everyone running toward Wanda trying to stop her from doing... something. Then she said three words and the dream jumped to where she was a child back in Sokovia. He did not understand wether it took place years ago or if it was yet to happen. It could not be the future since the dreams were in chronological order, but it could also not be the past since that war never happened and Wanda only recently became the Scarlet Witch.

Doctor Strange: (Looks at Wanda#2) Who is "Kang"?

Baron Mordo: What did you just say?

Doctor Strange: In the first dream, I saw someone. He was referred to as Kang.

Iron Man: I'm sorry, how is this of any relevance?

Doctor Strange: It's... I feel like... Don't worry about it. It's nothing.

Wanda#2: We can't kill her.

Wolverine: What do you mean we can't kill her? And what were you on about telling us we're making a mistake?

Wanda#2: It's not right! None of this... is right. I... You wouldn't understand. (She pauses for a moment and she feels a great pity and sadness.) What you're about to do is murder.

Wolverine: Murder? You mean like what she did to our friends? That was murder! (*Doctor Strange: In the Multiverse of Madness*)

Wanda#2: She was not herself!

Wolverine: She chose to read the darkhold!

Wanda#2: She had no idea what it would do to her.

Magneto: We've been over this Wanda, entire universes are literally hanging in the balance!

Doctor Strange: I think there's something more to this incursion than what we believe. I know it has something to do with that first dream. Only Wanda can help us decode its meaning.

Bruce Banner: What happened in the dream?

Doctor Strange: It was very vague, like it was something Wanda completely forgot about. All I could remember were glimpses of a giant war, bigger than anything I've ever seen before. Then I saw Kang.

Strange did not want to say anything further but he knew that Wanda seemed to be the enemy during that particular dream, he also knew she somehow altered reality just as everyone on the battlefield charged toward her. Strange wanted to find her himself and find out more of this dream, maybe she could fill in the missing details.