Chapter 12: The Being

Universe-199999
New Asgard

All the heroes who received the Avengers signal finally gathered inside the Town Hall of New Asgard. They varied from newer heroes to the older former Avengers to the Fantastic Four and the Guardians of the Galaxy. Valkyrie, the queen of Asgard, was standing in the middle together with Loki, Sylvie, the Wasp and Ant-Man. Around them stood exactly 28 heroes.

The Fantastic Four: Mr Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch and The Thing.

The Guardians of the Galaxy: Starlord, Rocket, Groot, Gamora and Nebula.

Former Avengers: Thor, Captain Marvel, Hawkeye, Bruce Banner (Hulk), Korg, Okoye, Black Panther (Shuri), White Wolf (Bucky), Wong, Captain America (Sam), Spider-Man and Warmachine.

Lastly, heroes who were not affiliated with any of the groups above: Daredevil, Photon, Ms Marvel, Shang-Chi, She-Hulk, Hawkeye#2 (Kate) and America Chavez.

None of these heroes were even aware of the incursion that was about to happen between our universe and the other one. They were brought together for a very different reason. The only ones from our universe who currently knew about the incursion was Doctor Strange and Wanda.

Everyone was very confused over the prescense of Loki, mostly because he was thought to be dead, but also because in everyone's eyes, they only see the ruthless power hungry god of mischief that tried to destroy New York in 2012. The entire hall was filled with whispers, trying to figure out what's going on and why they were brought here.

The whispering was stopped when Valkyrie finally spoke up.

Valkyrie: Okay listen up people, you were brought here today because...

Loki: (Interrupts) The multiverse is in danger, someone is c...

Valkyrie: (Interrupts) Loki!

Loki: Sorry. You may proceed.

Valkyrie: There is a looming threat ahead of us, bigger than anything you can imagine...

Loki: (Interrupts) The threat is already here. The fate of our universe and the entire multiverse hangs in the balance.

Valkyrie: (Sighs) Okay I think it's better if Loki would explain this to you since he can't seem to keep his mouth shut.

Bruce Banner: The multiverse? Isn't that just a theory?

Spider-Man: The multiverse is very real, trust me.

Captain Marvel: Prove it.

Spider-Man: I met two other versions of Spider-Man during the Statue of Liberty incident, we fought against villains from different universes.

America Chavez: Wait, you're Spider-Man? Doctor Strange told me about you. I was expecting you to look a lot more... like a spider. Where is Doctor Strange anyway? I thought he would be front and center when the multiverse is in danger. Wong?

Wong: How should I know? It's not like I keep a leash on him.

Captain America (Sam): What I still don't get is how Loki is here. (He looks at Loki) I thought you were supposed to be dead?