Midnight Suns Part 4: A "witch" called Wanda

Westview, New Jersey

These last couple of months after Wanda and Vision's engagement has been one of the happiest times in Wanda's life. She finally had everything she ever wanted.

After accepting her true self and ending the multiversal war, Vision was back, her kids were back, her brother was back, she began warming up to her real father, Magneto, and she has made friends for life in Peter Parker and multiple others who would die for her if given a chance.

Wanda and Vision was standing in the kitchen while he tried to teach her how to cook. The two boys were already fast asleep upstairs in their room. This was the very first "lesson", so Vision took it upon himself to show her how paprikash is made, it was the first ever meal that he cooked for her when they first fell in love.

Vision: Now just a pinch of paprika. Just a pinch.

Wanda took a pinch and mixed it with the dish. She seemed troubled and not particularly looking like she was enjoying this at all.

Vision: Is everything alright darling?

Wanda: Of course! Why wouldn't it be? I'm just... I'm probably just tired that's all.

Vision: Wanda you don't seem okay as of late. I did this to maybe cheer you up, but it's clearly not helping. You have to tell me what's troubling you.

Wanda: I appreciate it Vis, but I'm fine... You don't have to worry about me.

She pecked him on the lips and continued to stir the pot with a wooden spoon, but then she suddenly stopped for a few seconds and thought about what she said, then she kissed Vision passionately, wrapping her arms around his neck while standing on her toes. Vision was taken by surprise, but he welcomed it with open arms... She took a deep breath through her nose and their lips parted ways. A small tear fell down her face as she gazed into his eyes.

Vision: Wanda?

He put his hand on her cheek while she closed her eyes and leaned into his warm, caring touch with her head.

Wanda: Vis, Is this real?

Vision: Of course it is. Why wouldn't it be?

Wanda: I don't know... Something just feels off. It's the same feeling that kept me awake during the... you know... Westview situation.

Vision wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tightly.

Vision: Tell me what you feel now.

Wanda: It all feels... Surreal. Too good to be true.

Vision: What do you mean?

Wanda: The universe has never been this kind to me. I'm... I'm afraid it will only last for a moment and then get ripped away from me again.

Vision: Wanda, look at me. It won't. Nothing will happen to us, I promise.

Wanda: I don't know what I would do... What I would become... If that happens again. I'm barely keeping it together as it is.

Suddenly there was knock on the door.

Wanda dried her face while Vision opted to go and open the door. On the other side, he was greeted by Doctor Strange. Wanda walked toward the door and smiled at the sight of him.