41

"So if I understand correctly you're saying that due to your season finale reveal in California you can't be here on my birthday."

"Avs I'm sorry you know I wouldn't go if they we're able to pick other people. But they've lined me up with Millie and Finn."

"Jamie you forgot to mention this error of planning for weeks. How long have you known?"

Silence.

"I'm going to hang up now. I'm upset and I hope you realise this. However we're not going to be able to figure it out right now because it'll be horrible communication. So me hanging up is not punishment it's to make sure we don't fight over dumb things okay?"

"I love you. Call you before bed to figure things out. Thanks for giving me the headspace."

The tone of someone hanging up on the otherside of the call rang in Jamie's ear.
Millie's brown eyes stared expectedly into her co-stars. Finn raised his eyebrow curiously.
"She fucking completely bought it. Kinda worried she'd think I'd skip her birthday so easily." Jamie's fake worried face cracked open into a big grin.

Millie screeched. "Perfect! Sorry about the whole probably having to fight for nothing though." Jamie shrugged smiling and looked at his phone. "I know her. She just distanced herself to think so she wouldn't snap on me and is gonna call with me later again to be reasonable. Never had her scream at me yet."

A loud fake lovey-dovey sigh came from Finn who was opposite on the couch infront of them. "Ahh to be young and in love! Such healthy love! Millie hear those wedding bells ring! Ahh-" His sentence got rudely cut off by his mouth being stuffed by a pillow as Millie held him down and Jamie assisted in getting him to shut the fuck up.

Finally he was to return to London after being away for months. He was excited to see his dog again and maybe the girl who came with said dog.