The reconciliation

Jamie laid back his head against the arm rest of the couch. It was strange being back in his own apartment after being out for work so long. His long bony fingers picked at the fabric as his eyes were set on the clock against the wall opposite from him. Any moment now..

The sound of keys turning in the lock could be heard clearly as he shot up and sat in a normal position. There she stood, with a soft exhausted smile, facing him. "Hi J." It was short but it was confirmation that she wanted to actually communicate. Her eyes darted towards the coffee table and froze over at the package of cigarettes. "You started again?" She tilted her head a bit disappointed. He awkwardly got up and peeled her grocery bag from her shoulder putting it aside. "mhm..stress." He muttered under his breath and scooped her smaller figure into a hug. "I missed you."

Ava's nose and wrinkled up as the putrid smell of smoke filler her nostrils. "I missed you too." she crawled out of the hug and grabbed him a glass of water and herself too. As if she was an elementary teacher she pointed to the couch and commanded him to sit down again. "How was press tour?" She tried to pry. "Just..not fun." He admitted which resulted in a sympathetic smile from Ava as she settled down on the couch facing him.
Jamie sucked in a breath of air and it seemed to blow out of his lungs carrying his next words at a fast pace. "Let's discuss the elephant in the room please."
She stayed silent signalling him to do the explaining he needed to do. "I wasn't actually going to miss your birthday I was surprise planning something with Millie and Finn. You got into such a fuss over it that eventually it ruined my ability to do anything from the surprising part as you were not speaking to me and then popped up in Bali with Marth." Jamie calmly told her while he noticed her face going from annoyance to understanding and then seeing she felt stupid for her mishap. "You... weren't actually being a dick?" Jamie shook his head with a soft smile. "I'm so sorry Jamie..fuck.." He softly tugged at the sides of her blouse pulling her closer. "I'm just glad you didn't kill me the second you walked in." She poked in between his ribs. "Don't say that.. Don't down play the fact that I was a gigantic bitch." Jamie hummed. "I was a cunt to Marth too.." He reminded her. He shrugged and looked back at her. "I suppose we're both the absolute worst." He explained and grinned. "We're just dreadful.. horrible..vile even." His grin spread from ear to ear. "Though I'm not sure..i could ever compare to your-" Ava grabbed a pillow holding it up to his face as a threat. "Don't you dare!"

(HEY! long time no see loves..apologies mg writers block has been a fcker and I was busy getting my first actual poetry published!!! Yay me (say yay me or I'll also hit you w a pillow)