42

The heavy door slammed shut behind the girls frame as she carried in overly full grocery bags. "He isn't going to be there on your BIRTHDAY?" Olivia yelled dramatically in Ava's left ear through the phone. 
"I know it sucks but I can't be mad at him, we both are in this industry so if anyone should understand it's me." Ava reasoned to her best friend calmly as she put down the bags. Her hands picking out the things that needed to go into the fridge or freezer. "He's a dickwad." Ava snorted at the word choice. "He's an employed boyfriend." 

"How about I fly out to meet you? We could spend a few days drinking cocktails and relaxing in the sun." Her best friend offered, helpful as always. "No it's okay I'm kinda excited to just be alone." But Ava realised how pathetic and sad she must've sounded trying to make being alone on her birthday sound 'just lovely.'
"You're full of shit I'll look into plane tickets. I've got to run now cause I'm meeting someone for dinner but love you! I'll see you on the 20th of June to party."

Ava hung up the phone and sighed as her hands settled it on the counter top. 
Her hands ran through her hair as she closed her eyes trying to sort out her thoughts. A small dog however, did not grant her the peace and quiet to do so. 
"Griffin are you hungry?" She asked grabbing the food she just got him. 
"Why am I even talking to you..I'm really going insane aren't I? My dog's all my fucking company.."
And with that her mind was suddenly made up. She grabbed her phone again swiftly and opened Jamie's contact.

Ava<3: I'm not calling you tonight and I am going back to my parents house for a while. I'm basically crawling up the fucking walls out of loneliness. I'll take Griffin with me. See you after your MTV special and the season finale event. 

Jamie:): Can we please discuss this and call anyway? I want to hear you out properly and I want to see if we can make the planning work. It is a misunderstanding we can avoid.. Please?

-seen-