Chapter 4

BELINA'S POV
I went into the bathroom to change into another dress for the night shift duty which I signed up to do for extra pay. Mary also signed up for it but Paul didn't then I heard Mary's voice outside the bathroom saying.

" hurry up Lina we have to start the night shift cleaning now.."

After hearing Mary's word I hurried with my changing and headed outside the bathroom to meet her.

"what took you so... long Lina" Mary asked.

"The water stopped running so I had to wait for it to restore" I lied and she smiled at me and gave me the five numbers of offices I was to clean. I collected it and walked away thanking her for she had been so.... Nice and sweet ever since I started working here, even though I felt really uncomfortable around her because of her close resemblance with Catherine, I couldn't dent the fact that she had been such a darling.

I was confused on the actual office I wanted to clean first. I steered at the numbers and finally chose the bottom one which was located upstairs number 1.0. I walked to the office and it was locked from the inside. I placed my ears to listen if there was anyone in there and I got shocked with the sound coming from the office. I heard silent moans of a lady and I quickly drifted back from there but something in me was curious to know who they were so I ran to downstairs to meet Mary.

" Mary! Mary!! Mary!!!" I yelled as rushed to meet her.

"shhhh... You should be at your cleaning now.. What's wrong?" Mary said placing a finger over my lips as she drops her broom stick.

I wasn't sure if I should tell Mary about what I had heard so I only asked. " whose office is number 1. 0"

" why are you asking?" she said with a skeptical look.

" uhmmm.. nothing I just want to know so that I will uhhh... Errrr... know how to clean it properly." I lied hoping that she would buy that and ofcousre she did.

" okk.. It belongs to Mr Ray so be careful while cleaning it." she said and turned back to her work.

" sure" I answered as I dashed back upstairs, I was planning to clean another office but when I got there the door was already open and no one was inside so I just decided to clean it since they've left already. I stepped inside and started cleaning everywhere it wasn't really dirty as much, the only thing that disgusted me was the underwear of a lady left lying on the ground. I squeezed my face as I used a stick to pick it up and put in the trash but voice behind me thundered.

"what the hell do you think you are doing??" Ray asked in a displeased harsh tone.

" errr.. Errr.. Uhmmm.. cl....clé.. cleaning your office" I managed to say as I felt scared. I know he was angry at me for screaming on my first day and now thissss... I didn't want to loose my job.

" what are those you are holding?" he asked with an irritated look.

I was dumbfounded. Why was he asking me such a silly question wasn't it his fiancé or whoever the girl he was here with that brought it???.

"I asked you a question Lina" he repeated.

I felt weak. He even knew my name... damnnn.. " it the underwear I met in your office while cleaning it." I answered bowing my head.

" And what were you planning on doing with it." he asked moving closer

" throwing it away of course" I answered feeling disgusted. and he moved even closer sovI could feel his breathe on my hair

But as he was about to respond to me, lady Jane dashed into the office meeting us in an intimate position holding up her underwear with a stick and a feeling of embarrassment flushed in her face.

Seeing this Ray held my hands and pulled close to him making lady Jane gritt in anger. She took her underwear and gave me a deadly stare before walking out of the office mumbling in some words.

I felt extremely terrible, after Catherine's death I had tried to avoid any unnecessary fight with any girl. I couldn't bear another death. I let go of my hands from Ray forcefully giving him a questioning look of what he had just done.

" Get back to your work" was all he said and he walked away. I couldn't believe my eyes.. He walked away without even apologising. He used me like a fool to make his fiance feel jealous and he couldn't even thank me or think of the consequences that was coming my way. That look lady Jane gave me was definitely not a good look. Things were going to get worse and I knew it.