Chapter 9

MARY'S POV
----------------------
The party wasn't getting anymore interesting as Paul didn't even give my face a chance to be steered at. The only person he kept steering at was Lina who hid herself behind the bars. He went to chill himself with a drink and couldn't even offer me any. Instead he ordered me to go get mine myself when I asked him for a little.

This was not the type of outing I had pictured in my mind. I couldn't imagine staying up all night thinking about today and at the end this was how it was going to turn out. Paul didn't take his eyes off Lina for even a moment. It felt like he should push me away and stay beside Lina with the intense look he gave Lina.

I couldn't bear it anymore. I steered at Lina's flawless body in annoyance, her face revealed nothing but beauty. Her body was so.. tender and her dress killed it all. I had no doubt that no one in this hall was as beautiful as Lina. Not even the lady Jane. Hatred sprung up in my heart towards my dear Lina, the one whom I thought was a friend and never knew she was a rival.

I knew something was up between Paul and Lina when she asked me to wait in the restroom while she goes to talk to Paul. She didn't think I was that dumb to stay in the restroom without peeping out. I peeped and I saw when Paul knelt down for her and even gave her peck on her forehead. But she told me all was well.

Feeling frustrated at Paul's neglection I picked up my bag and walked angrily out of the party without looking back. I waited at a distance to hear Paul try to stop me or yell my name to come back but I heard none. Not even a whisper of my name. Tears filled my eyes as I ran out of the hall to board a commercial vehicle home.

BELINA'S POV
_________________.

I steered at the silhouette of General and Ray leave the hall and lots of questions popped in my head. If Ray was the owner of the industries. How come General claimed that position too. Was he trying to deceive me? But Ray gave him a little respect, does that mean..... I was trying to fix the puzzle together but it won't just click. Just as I was trying hard to understand the relationship between General and Ray, I saw Mary pick up her things running out of the hall. She paused at a distance as if trying to listen for something but finally left to the entrance.

What on earth could have happened.? I narrowed my gaze towards Paul and he was walking towards me smiling..

"what do you think you are doing? You are supposed to be going after Mary. You shouldn't let her go that way.. That's not right!!!..". I said worried at the way Mary left the hall.

" I told you before. I have no feelings for her. I don't care about her love feelings. As long as it is not work or friendship talk. I feel irritated by it. It's better I let her know now before it's too late. When it gets late then it will get worse. You don't understand Lina, I took Mary as my younger sister, so you imagine me dating my younger sister, imagine how horrible that will sound and feel. Exactly!!. " Paul said as he took my hands and planted a kiss on it before moving closer and whispering into my ears.

" Lina you look soo... beautiful tonight."

I felt my body freeze at his words. I smiled inwardly and was waiting for a hug from him but it didn't come. As I was imagining this, the picture of Mary dashing out of the hall heartbroken appeared in my head and I felt terribly bad. I didn't want to be the cause of her hurt.

"Thanks Paul but Mary..."

"shhhhh... Leave Mary aside, You have no idea what my plans are for you. I am resigning from the R.rockers industry very soon. To go and direct my own industry in Tuxon. Although it is not as popular as the R.rockers but it is the most recognised industry in Tuxon. The name of the industry is 'PATTERS'. Paul said still holding my hands.

" If you owned a company as recognised as that then why did you have to work here as a mere receptionist?" I asked finding it hard to believe his words.

" The company was managed by Father who was the Ceo and for me to take over, I have to work under someone more influential for four years, I had to work as one of the lowest rank workers in order to prove my diligence, humility and hardwork without complaint and now I have completed the task. " Paul replied looking into my eyes.

" Good for you.. Does Mary know about it?." I squealed trying to get my thinking straight.

" No! I haven't told anyone yet except you. Lina I have a big plan for you. I don't want you to be my girlfriend. I want to marry you and we would raise beautiful children in my city Tuxon and our beautiful home and a nice industry. Just you and I and our kids living so.. happy together. What do you think? " Paul continued as he maintained holding my hands.

His words were so.. beautiful, I had wanted peace and happiness with a brand new life. I looked into his eyes and I felt his grip tighten and his silent words whisper.." wouldn't it be beautiful for the both of us.."

'Sure it would' I answered back also in a whisper and I felt his hand loosen from the grip and pulling me for a tight hug.

" promise me something Lina" Paul guffawed.

"what..."

" Promise me you won't think bad about yourself for this because of Mary. Let Mary find a man who will truly love her and value her for her beautiful soul. If you don't, that's when you would be wicked to her. Do you promise me Lina?" Paul taunted and I nodded my head in response.

" And Lina please I don't like to see you with any other man like General black or Grey Ray.. It make me feel jealous and makes you seem insecure. Be safe with me and we would move to Tuxon very soon to begin a beautiful life." Paul said and I stayed quiet. I didn't know Paul also knew General black, I was tempted to ask him who the General black was but I knew that would make him feel unhappy so I leaned in closer and tightened the hug.

" How about tomorrow at Crabs and Slime for a better dinner. You forgot a little something the other time you came so I will give it to you at the dinner tomorrow. " Paul said as he phone beeped and he took the call. Few minutes later he turned to me and apologised that he had to leave right away that his father had come to this city to meet him and he had to leave urgently. He kissed my forehead and hastily left the hall.

I knew the little something I forgot was definitely my purse so... I just smirked and started making my way to the entrance.

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING.

PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE.

IT ENCOURAGES ME TO WRITE MORE.

THANKSSS""""