Chapter 7

Belina yawned as she stretched her body on the bed. She looked over to the clock hanging on the wall and it was already 6:30am. She got up from the bed and rubbed both eyes with the back of her palm. She was supposed to be at an apartment of a lady called kara. Belina rushed over to the shower and took a warm bath before putting on a simple knee length jumpsuit and then dashing out of the apartment. Belina opened her bag and the complimentary card was still Intact there. She moved to the bustop and rang the taxi bell. A taxi man stopped by her side with his hand stretched out as belina handed over the complimentary card to him.

"Drive me to the address written on that card" Belina said as she hops into the vehicle. The taxi man nods as he drivers to the exact location written on the card.

"How much is my bill?"  Belina asked as she alighted from the taxi.

"Here is the bill" The taxi man said handing over a ticket to her.

Belina smiled as she collected the bill. The charges weren't too much, she dipped her hand into her bag to get some change to give the taxi man it was then she discovered that the money in her bag had finished.

"uhmm sorry" Belina silently whispered as she dugged further into her bag in search of her purse in which she had hidden little change but the purse was no where to be found. She searched futher but there was still nothing and then she began to panic. She looked over to the anxious driver and her mind drifted to the dinner she had with paul the day before yesterday. That must be definitely where she had forgotten the purse and she didnt realize it in time because there was still little change in her mini bag. Belina felt relieved that she had forgotten her purse with Paul. It was safe thus. She was excited that it didn't get lost at the office or on the road but the only issue she was having now was that she had no dine to pay the taxi man.

"Aren't you going to pay me for the drive" The driver said furiously. I have other clients to pick up.

"errr... Uhmmm... Can I make a transfer??" Belina asked raising up her mobile phone.

"Sure.. here is my account number" The taxi man said as Belina did the transfer.

"Mr Forge right?.. I already sent it. Thanks" Belina said as she moved towards the apartment the taxi man had dropped her off and she knocked on the door. While the taxi man drove off

BELINA'S POV
--------------------------

I walked to the apartment and gave a little knock on the door. A frowning short  lady opened the door and forcefully pulled me in.

"You are Lina from R.rockers industry huh!!" The short lady snorted as she sniffed my clothes and I felt disgusted and uncomfortable by the act, just then I saw Kara dash out of the inner room pulling me along with her to her chamber.

"Welcome Lina. You are just in time. This is my sister the fashionista I told you about. You can call her Clara. Don't mind the way she acts, she gets obsessed with cute ladies. Kara said reassuring me as I smiled back to express  my satisfaction.

" Here is one of my masterpiece. Actually Clara did most of the designing and stitches but I created the style. Try it on, it hasn't been worn by anyone before. I was supposed to wear it today but I changed my mind. I will like to wear the one my boyfriend got me last week. " Kara said handing  the dress over to me with a nice bow.

" Thanks... I will try it on now"  I replied her as Clara moved towards me to assist me in putting on the dress.

"gushi guchi..." I heard Clara say and jump clapping both hands.

"She's excited the dress fits you well. She said you look stunning Lina." Kara said bringing out a little box of make up.

I turned to the mirror in front of me and I was stunned by my reflection. I hadn't worn a pretty gown as this since I left my city. I wasn't really happy about the dress but I didn't want to disappoint and displease Kara and her sister. I was looking too beautiful and my mind travelled back.  I remember always called Queen Joana at Zubong my former city. I was too beautiful and many always want to be around me, that was what led to Catherine's death and tears dropped down my eyes.

"Are you okay?. Don't you like the gown?" Kara asked bothered by my reaction.

"Nope it's your kindness that's making me cry"  I lied hoping that it would elate her mood and surely it did. She smiled and helped me with a light make up before going to change into her dress. I moved outside to wait for her and it didn't take long before she came to join me. We both boarded a cab to the venue.