Chapter 19

I walked into the industry and everyone seemed to be very impressed by something maybe only I wasn't aware of. Gam walked up to me and greeted me with the most creepy but welcoming smile I has ever seen.

"What's up Gam. Why does everyone seem so... happy and cool today?" I asked hoping to hear something positive from him.

"You won't believe it Lina" he answered back and paused a little probably waiting for me to ask what it was.

"I won't believe what...." I asked as anxiety was written all of my face.

" Just wait until we get to my office. Linda and Laura are waiting for you there.." Gam said as he walked hastily ahead of me, I had difficulty in catching up with him but i tried anyway.

My whole body felt very nervous. I tried to think of anything good that could have happened that would please Gam so... much and not even Gam, the whole acting industry at large... Finally we got to his office. He pulled me in and hurriedly shut the door behind me.

"Hiii sweet" Both Laura and Linda chorused at the same time. Both of them smiling widely at me.

" I knew it, the day I set my eyes on you that you were going to shine. Something felt different about you. You seemed different from the rest of actresses I have ever met in the industry." Laura complimented me as Linda nodded in agreement.

"What's making everyone so... excited today is because the thriller of the movie we just released already has over two trillion likes and anticipations. It has broken a record in Zublong County and every social media platform are expecting the release of the real movie " Gam interrupted Laura and his smile deepened.

" Wow... That is so... cool" I exclaimed feeling really excited about the news. But Laura interrupted me almost immediately.
"The best part of it all is how people are commending you on your role. There are a dozen of comments about you Linda. You are going to be a star Lina".

I didn't know what to feel at that moment. Being a movie star although had been a childhood dream but was Catherine heart desire before she passed. She had wanted to be an actress at all cost. I remember her travelling all the way to Zublong City without a single nap or food for two straight days and water dropped from my eyes.

" Errrm.... Lina, aren't you happy about this?." Gam said astonished to see me cry.

" Come on Gam... They are tears of joy. I can relate to that" Laura said winking stylishly at me "+"Isn't that true Lina?"

"Yeah.. Yeah.. You are right Laura, they are tears of Joy" I said as I didn't want any collusion.

Laura pulled me up and we both left Gam's office. She held me very close to herself as we walked along the industry until we got to a tight corner and then she pulled me close and whispered into my ears.

" Lina, you need to be very careful as some set of people are looking for a way to destroy you. Yesterday some bad looking guys came over to the industry to ask so.... many details about you and I heard one say that they were going to end you for good." Laura ended holding my hand even more tight and I felt abnormally scared.

" What do you think I can do to protect myself " I asked hoping to hear a great way in which one could protect themselves as she must have stayed with different celebrities who must have in one way or the other had to protect themselves from harm.

"I sincerely have no idea on how you can do that Lina. I just want you to get someone in the upper hand who can protect you from unnecessary harm." Laura said before walking away.

I stood there in awe,  I began to reflect and try to think of anybody in the upper class who could protect me and the only person that crossed my mind at that moment was Zuk Zuk , I reached out to my phone to call Zuk zuk but before the he could pick on the other side, I felt an handkerchief over my nose and I passed out immediately.