EXTRA : From The Other Side

A/N: 

Trying to start writing my drafts for the second book but this scenario kept getting in the way. So I've written it down. Hope you like it.

*

P.S.

I saw a pic of Yin in glasses and thought, "he will pass as a writer" and so I made him a writer in this story. Writer Yin, anyone? Well, I must admit, my eyes were kind of weird at times. 

***

The steel barrier was a bit high but that didn't deter me. Nor the possibility of slipping and hurting myself in the process. I'm already in a lot of pain. What difference would a few more scratches do? With this twisted logic, I braved the climb.

Yin stopped and looked at the draft of his story on the screen. 

Recently, everything he writes about felt like a poorly disguised suicide attempt. 

"Who dies because of a broken heart?" Yin half-asked, half-scolded himself. "Your plot is ridiculous."

Yin sounded angry at himself but the single tear that escaped his eye betrayed his hurt inside.

"This isn't tear. This is just salt water. Guess I'm really sleepy." Yin laughed dryly after wiping the single drop on his cheek. Then like a sleepy person, he yawned and made his way to his bed. After reaching the foot of the bed, Yin turned his back towards it and did a freefall onto the soft mattress with his eyes closed. Like how he imagined the character in his story will do after successfully reaching the top of the metal fence.

But somehow, Yin can't write that scenario yet. 

The character whose name is Mark in his story is also a broken-hearted Engineering student much like himself that Yin found himself sympathizing with him. And so even though the incomplete outline of the story already indicated that Mark has to die, Yin hasn't completely written the entire scenario yet. He kept getting stuck at that scene where Mark is trying to climb the safety railings of the bridge.

Call him weird but Yin felt like killing Mark's character is akin to killing himself. He just can't do it. 

Instead, Yin decided to silently cheer for the fictional character which felt like cheering for himself as well.

"This too shall pass. No wounds never heal. No pain never goes away. Stay strong, Mark."

Then Yin facepalms himself in his head.

"You're getting weirder, Yin. Who cheers for a fictional character? You really have to sleep now." And with that, still with his eyes closed, Yin tried settling into the bed while fumbling and searching for his pillow. While aimlessly finding the fluffy material, Yin felt his hand settling on something hard. And suspiciously rough. 

Taken aback, Yin abruptly opened his eyes. 

"Wait, is that the moon . . . and some glitters?"

Yin didn't remember having a starry-themed ceiling in his room that the absence of a plain white overhead confused him. The mattress too, for some reason felt hard and rough. 

Confused, Yin got up and found himself even more confused. And bewildered. And LOST? After rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand as aggressively as he could, Yin realized he was lying on some pavement on what looked like a massive bridge.

"Ha Ha. I must be dreaming already." Yin shrugged it off and went back to lying down and closing his eyes. But the supposedly soft mattress still felt hard and the sounds of distant vehicles can still be heard.

Yin opened his eyes once more. And pinched his cheek. It hurts.

Then from the corner of his eyes, Yin saw something move. 

It was blurry at first and the darkness of the night didn't help as well but as his eyes adjusted to the dark, Yin recognized what it was. The tiny black dot capable of movement was actually a person, no, a student, climbing the metal fence on the opposite side of the bridge where they are both at.

"Hey, hold on. Wait!" Yin frantically shouted as he run to cross the bridge not minding if there were any passing vehicles. Fortunately, there was none.

The person, or student or whoever he was didn't seem to hear him for he didn't stop and just continued climbing.

Yin never run as fast as he did that night managing to cross to the other side of the bridge in mere seconds. Without thinking of anything else, the moment the stranger was within his reach, Yin yanked him down and caught him in his arms.

Yin tightly embraced the other person. Somehow he felt like if he didn't, the other guy will push him away and climb the railing anyway. 

The scenario was so vivid in his mind, that  Yin had to forcefully close his eyes in the hopes that the image will just go away.

Yin didn't like how the story will go after the other person successfully climbed the fence.

When the adrenalin rush subsided, and Yin came down from the shock, he slowly pulled away from the other.

Most stories especially those that don't have live-action adaptations had no face claims but readers will often form images of the characters based on how the writer described the character's features and physical attributes.

And when Yin saw who he just saved that night, Yin found himself looking at the exact same image of one of the characters in his story.

"Nong Mark?" Surprise couldn't be even more evident in his voice.

"P'Vee?" 

"Who in the world is P'Vee?"

***

A/N:

I hope it was clear enough. So basically I made Yin here the writer of His and His Circumstances (which I wrote) and have him get into the story to save Mark. I'm bad at descriptions and storytelling in general so if it's a bit confusing my apologies. ^-^

Please tell me your thoughts about this piece. I'll be waiting.