The Day Before

~♡~

1 day, 15 hours and 4 minutes. Even Mark was spooked at how he remembers the last time he saw his senior and how long it has been since then. He knows he can't easily say they were just friends but what exactly are they isn't something he can answer with confidence too.

Confused and unsure about a lot of things, Mark thought it isn't wise to suffer this alone. So he calls his friend James and try to annoy him first thing in the morning.

It took him 10 rings before his friend picked it up.

"James, I need your brain.", Mark said as soon as James answered the call.

"Good morning Mark. I'm doing well, just a little annoyed at someone. How are you?", James sounded like he just yawned but kept his sarcasm.

"Skip the greetings James. I need your help on something."

"Can't you call me again after 3 more hours? It's still 7 in the morning and I need to finish my dream."

"But I haven't slept at all. You can't go around dozing off when your friend is having a hard time."

"I think can.", James said teasing his friend.

"Heartless.", Mark stated not really meaning it.

"Were you surprised?"

Mark heard a laugh after his friend replied.

"I'll treat you lunch for a whole week."

Mark knows his friend can't resist this and smiled to himself.

"Find another person. I don't know how to murder someone."

"Huh? What are you talking about? Are you still sleeping, James?"

"Last time you asked for advise I only ever get a bag of chips out of it. I can't believe you're bribing me with lunch for a whole week, what did you do this time?"

"Don't speak like I'm a troublemaker. You can't tell the others about what I'm going to tell you so I'm being generous. I'm not about to commit a crime."

"Now that you mention lunch, is this related to you not having lunch with us these days?"

"I hate that you're quick on this."

"I'm just that smart. Now for my week long treat, speak. What's going on?"

Mark was still a bit hesitant but decided to tell his friend what's going on. He needs his opinion on this.

After telling his friend what went on with him and his senior since the Rama bridge incident, Mark waited for his friend to speak.

"Mark how long has it been since we've been friends?"

"We started sometime in our first year in high school so more than 4 years now. Why?"

"What if I suddenly kiss you on the cheek. What will you do?"

"What the hell James! That's weird. How were you able to come up with that? Do you like me?"

Then Mark stopped and realization slowly dawned on him. His friend only rolled his eyes on the other end.

"I'm pretty sure he likes you and that you like him too. But you can be hard on yourself and deny it like the fool that you are. Try to rack your brains about it for a few more days so I can have my fun."

"Do I really like him?", Mark asked almost to himself.

"They say the onlooker sees most of the game but unless you're sure about it, don't do anything reckless."

The two friends talked some more before Mark ended the call. He spent the remaining of the day thinking back to the events of the previous days then to what his friend told him.  And things became a bit more clearer to him.

He's sure he would push his friend away if he kissed him like his senior did but Mark can't find it in himself to do the same to his P'. Lost in his thoughts without a sense of time, Mark sat still on his bed until he heard his phone ringing.

"P'?"

***

A/N:

This is before the first call. Just a glimpse on what happened before Vee called Mark and before Mark acted the way he did.

I also did some minor edits here and there. I know some of you reread this and I'm hoping you'll like it better after the little changes I made.

Three more chapters to go!😊💕

10.19.20
MON