Dinner

~♡~

Vee woke up to an unfamiliar ceiling. The grey curtains were drawn and no light is coming in. His memories were foggy at best and he can't recall anything. He felt the hard floor on his back but his head was thankfully resting on a soft pillow. There is a low table near him and a blue blanket warms and covers him.

He can't remember what happened before he fell asleep but was relieved when he checked under the cover and realized he still have his clothes on. He unconciously released a breath he didn't know he was holding and it amused the other person in the room who was observing him since he woke up.

"Nothing happened."

The sudden statement took Vee by surprise. It was probably because he just woke up in a foreign place that he was ill at ease and a bit edgy. Someone can even go as far as saying he looked liked a cat caught in the dinner table. He visibly relaxed though when he turn towards the direction of the voice and knew who was speaking.

"Mark?"

Vee looked shocked but Mark remained nonchalant as he looked away from his senior and back to the vegetables he's cutting. He continued his nimble work in a small table near the kitchen looking serious and focused. It's almost six in the evening and he's currently preparing dinner.

"You can take a bath first P' if you'd like. It'll take me 20 more minutes before I can get our meals ready."

Mark offered but Vee is still bewildered to accept it.

"Am I at your place?"

Vee asked looking around.

"Yes P'. You came here earlier today. You don't remember?"

Vee stopped for sometime and tried his best to remember the events of the day. Nuea's words about his eyebags looking like eyesores ring loud in his head and those that happened after slowly came to mind too. He smiled an embarrassed smile when he recalled how much of a nutcase he is for rushing to Mark's place as soon as he woke up. Nuea managed to convince him to get some sleep but he felt restless and woke up about two hours later.

"How long did I sleep?"

Vee asked in a low voice. Not really waiting for an answer as he try to figure it out himself.

"Almost 10 hours P', I think. You skipped lunch so you must be very hungry. Freshen up first. I'm almost done."

Seeing his senior still dazed Mark called him again and urged him to hurry up to which Vee complied. He's still a little groggy and not yet fully awake.

While looking for the bathroom, Mark came up to Vee's side with some changes of clothes, a towel and his spare toothbrush then he pointed to a door on Vee's left.

His senior for once, looked like a lost child and Mark found it amusing.

.

.

.

After a few minutes, Vee emerged from the bathroom with a small towel to dry his hair when the lights suddenly went off. The total darkness left him completely unable to see anything for a few minutes. He tried calling for Mark but found his throat parched dry. Unable to find his bearings, Vee waited for his eyes to adjust to the dark.

Vee didn't move and continue standing still, when he heard a match being lit, he instinctively turn to where the sound is coming from and saw Mark lighting a few candles and places them in the center of the table. The food was already served too.

"Mark?"

"I'm sorry P', the lights were out in the whole building, we need to use candles for now."

"Oh I see. No need to apologize. It wasn't your fault."

Vee placed the towel in the backrest of the chair and sat.

"You cooked all these?"

Mark hummed and sat on his chair too.

"I don't usually cook but I think these are edible. Still we can always eat something else if you don't like them."

After drinking a bit of water, Vee started with the stir fried veggies and told Mark it tasted good. It made the other smile as he slowly ate while sneaking glances at his P'.

The light from the candles were flattering and Mark realized it made his senior unusually dashing and good-looking. It took him a great deal to turn his eyes away from the sight. The ambiance too did nothing to calm the wild thumping in his chest.

After eating silently for sometime, Vee swallowed hard and spoke again.

"Mark"

"Yes P'?"

"Go out with me."

The words left Mark shell-shocked and utterly dumfounded. While Vee looked serious and was patiently waiting for his answer.

When Mark didn't reply after a few long minutes, Vee looked a bit disappointed and said,

"You can think about it first. I'm not in a rush."

.

.

.

When time came for Vee to leave, the lights were still out and Mark walk him to his door while holding a candle to lighten up their path.

"Thanks for dinner.", Vee managed to say after setting foot outside Mark's room. The other merely nodded.

Awkward silence filled the space as they both stand in the doorway.

Vee was about to say his goodbye when Mark tiptoed in front of him and give him a peck in the lips. It was a chaste kiss that lasted for a few seconds before Mark pulled away and stand on his feet again.

"This is my answer."

Mark said while looking to his left too nervous to look his senior in the eye.

Vee can't help but beam with a smile as he said the words,

"There's no way that could be a no."

***

A/N:

Two more updates and we're done. Many thanks to those who're still reading this story. And for those who've voted and left comments in any of the chapters, I appreciate them all. Your support inspired me to continue writing.

Again, many thanks and stay safe everyone.😊💕

10.20.20
TUE