Just Lunch

~♡~

First Day.

Sitting on our usual table, I wait for a familiar person to come. James and the rest of the guys wanted to eat at another college's canteen and invited me to come with them but I made an excuse that a professor on one of the classes we don't have in common asked me to run an errand for her.

It's better this way. I'm bad at explaining things.

In my friends' eyes P'Vee and I are only in a P'Nong relationship where we just greet each other in the hallways in passing. Or sometimes we ask him, to tutor us. The important word being 'we'. Our group did. No one approached him alone much less do an errand for him.

Looking for things to do while waiting, I opened my notes and try to highlight important terms and make a list of things I didn't quite understand. I plan to visit the library later and a list will come in handy by then.

A few minutes into trying to pass my time while waiting, a cold drink was placed in front of me while someone sat on my left. Turning to the person beside me, I saw P'Vee sitting and reaching out to the paper bag on my side. It was the sandwich he asked me to make.

The sudden closeness caught me off-guard and I found myself turning my eyes away.

"What is it?"

P'Vee was the first to speak.

"Huh?"

"I mean what sandwich did you make?"

"Oh, sandwich. It's t-tuna P'."

I stuttered a bit and was unusually slow.

"Are you okay? You're red.", P'Vee asked me sounding concerned while his hand goes to my forehead.

I felt a bit feverish. I think. My face too suddenly became warm.

"I'm good P'. I'm just a bit flushed from running earlier. Me and my friends were goofing around."

"All good then. I like tuna sandwich by the way. Thanks. I'll have it as a snack for when we review later. Have you had your lunch?"

"Not yet P'.", was my short answer.

"I'll order. What do you want?"

I'm not really hungry and can't think of anything to eat so I simply asked P'Vee what he'd like to eat then sipped on my drink.

"You?"

"But I'm not in the menu."

I almost spit the juice I'm drinking and ruin my notes but I managed to quickly swallow at the last minute. My notes were okay but it didn't saved me from choking and I felt some of it even went out on my nose too. It was gross.

"What was that P'?", I asked after my coughing fit ceased but not before P'Vee patted me gently on the back several times and handed me some tissues.

"I'm just joking little kid. Loosen up a bit, will you?"

"Try to joke when I'm not drinking P' and I might even laugh at it."

I glared at P'Vee but still accepted the wipes.

"Okay. My bad. I'll treat you to lunch today so we can call it even."

P'Vee said as a peace offering.

"Padthai for me and a new drink."

"Sure. Wait here."

P'Vee then left his bag and proceed to where the food stalls are.

***

9.19.20
SAT