First Call

~♡~

Vee has been staring at his phone for quite a while now. Or close to an hour now if he asks Nuea.

"Are you playing psychic?", Nuea finally asked Vee. Too irritated to see his friend staring at someone's contact info on his phone and being his useless self in completing their project.

"Huh?"

"Press it and call him and f***ing get your soul back Vee. I can't finish this project on my own."

It took a few seconds for Vee to understand what Nuea means and another few to realize his friend had actually cursed. Shoot. He's really pissed at him.

Getting the memo, Vee got up, walked a few steps out into the balcony and pressed the call button.

It was just the second day he hadn't seen Mark during lunch since he asked him not to give him sandwiches anymore but he's already having 'withdrawal symptoms' as Nuea put it.

He's missing his choking and blushing nong already.

"P'?"

Vee heard the question mark loud and clear.

It's his first time calling Mark and he really didn't have anything to say at the moment or at least he hasn't prepared any decent ones to say. But before he can think of any, his mouth beats him to it.

"I miss you."

Vee blinks. Then facepalms himself after realizing what he just said. What. The. Hell.

Did I just say that out loud?

Mark didn't reply for a long while and Vee started to worry. He checked if the call is still connected and it still is, but Mark isn't answering.

Hoping to ease the awkwardness of the situation, Vee tried to downplay what he said but was surprised instead.

"I didn't mea-"

"I'm done with my classes P'. I can make you a sandwich if you'll drop by."

Mark cut him off before Vee can take back what he said. And the nong's words caught the senior off-guard.

"Is that an invitation?", Vee asked. His head hazy with the exchange.

"Do you need one?", Mark only answered him with a question of his own.

"I do. I won't come if you don't want me to.", Vee honestly replied.

"Then consider yourself invited. Are you coming?"

Vee sighed before answering and he heard Mark chuckled on the other end.

"You can't? That's too bad P', the invitation expires tomorrow.", Mark knows Vee and Nuea had an important project to finish but decided to tease anyway.

"Give me a few minutes, I'll be there."

"You know you can't P'."

"Try me."

Mark felt the hairs on his nape stood on their ends but tried not to get swayed with the apparent temptation.

"I can't have P'Nuea bury someone today P'. Just come when you're done with the project."

"But I want to see you.", Vee whined.

"Then do what you need to do and finish it quickly."

Vee sighed some more but agreed anyway.

"Ok. But I can come as soon as we're done, right?"

"Yes P'. Just text me when you're coming. Su su na."

Vee wanted to ask Mark something before ending the call but was stopped when he heard him say the words . . .

"I want to see you too P'."

Then the call ended. And for a long, long time Vee stood still in the balcony with a smile on his face.

"Stop looking like a fool Vee and get your a** inside!"

Nuea shouted and kicked Vee in the rear completely yanking him out of his trance.

His friend may appear harsh sometimes but Vee knew better.

***

10.13.20
TUE