Him

~♡~

The stranger held me in his embrace for sometime. It was a fleeting solace but a consolation nonetheless. Much like a bottled water after running a few laps. Or a box of pizza when nothing seems to be going right. Small joys do big things on our worst days. Just like tonight.

The evening breeze is cold and his warmth is a welcome comfort.

After the initial shock has passed, the other person slowly parted from me. Looking up to see the face of the nosy stranger who yanked me down and ruined my plans, I realized then that he wasn't a stranger at all. With his hands still on my shoulders, I saw him freeze from shock.

"Nong Mark?", surprise was evident in his voice.

"P'Vee?", he isn't the last person I would like to see tonight but he's a close second much like the rest of their friends. "What are you doing here P'?"

"I should be the one asking that. What are you doing here trying to climb that steel fence?"

P'Vee looked equal parts worried and looking as if he'd like to scold me for acting like someone with a loose screw but he kept quiet and waited for me to answer.

I know what's playing on his mind but I decided to be a little stubborn and answer him with a question instead.

"What do you think I'm trying to do?"

Looking at me intently then considering the bag of things I bought earlier, P'Vee seemed to relax a bit.

"I don't think someone bent on killing himself will go as far as buying drinks, some snacks, and a whole box of aspirins including tissues before doing the jump but it doesn't make it less of a stupid idea to be climbing fences at night. You do know that the river below isn't shallow, right?"

"I'm a swimmer.", I said matter-of-factly.

P'Vee glared at me on this and I did a zipping gesture with my lips.

Checking for possible injuries and scratches, P'Vee inspected my arms and made me turn around. It felt nice to have him fuss over me. Thorough as he was, he'll never see anything though. Mine's not a physical wound.

After he's done with the inspection, P'Vee looked me in the eye for some uncomfortable seconds then invited me over.

I hesitated but nodded after. I don't want to go home tonight.

After a few minutes of walking in silence, we're finally standing outside P'Vee's room. Once the door was opened, I was ushered into a neat room that smelled lavender.

P'Vee's place has two rooms and he told me I can use the one on the left. I don't really mind where I end up sleeping tonight so I just nodded and said thank you.

While looking around the room like a child in a museum, P'Vee whipped up a simple dinner. A cream of mushroom soup and some cold spinach side dish with rice and other fried viands. It's my first decent meal of the day and I thank him again before silently devouring my food. Once we're done and had rested a bit, we moved to the low table in his living room.

Without nothing to do while P'Vee took it upon himself to ready our drinks and snacks, I found myself questioning my reason for following the said senior here.

I'm just about to drink with him, one of P'Bar's closest friends with some fat chance of ranting about how P'Bar broke my heart.

Is he feeling obliged to take care of someone his friend rejected?

With myriad questions swirling in my head and with each begging to get more attention than the others, I decided to tune everything out and just do what I had planned for the night. Just drink and forget and possibly cry. Tonight until Monday. Or until it doesn't hurt anymore.

Lost in my own thoughts, I didn't notice P'Vee already finished taking everything out. While spacing out, I was bolted surprised when he pressed a still cold beer on my forehead.

"I'm here with you. No need to stay in your head."

Unsure what to say, I just hummed and nodded my head then open the beer P'Vee offered.

I had temporary memory loss that night and forgot how low my alcohol tolerance is. When I felt my head spinning after a few gulps of the drink, I heard P'Vee speak again.

"Must it be him Mark?"

***

A/N:

Next updates might be completely different from those that got deleted before.

9.12.20
SAT